• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Binder

Old Doug

Is there states were you can only use ratchet binders? I have never heared of anyone useing reguler ones geting a ticket for them.

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
Rumors abound about new regulations, and law enforcement preferences. One guy tells me you need CDL to drive air brakes, another says you can't get a CDL unless you are employed as a truck driver, Another says all tires must be identical. Most are old wives tales. I went through the licensing process not so long ago. Equipment typically must be DOT approved. There certainly are cops more interested in writing law, than enforcing it. I'm not aware they are required.

Willie

Twisted

I was discussing a certain detail about tractor/trailer combos here in MN and we both had our heals dug in on opposite sides. The next day I called a state DOT scale, our main DOT headquarters and a lieutenant for the state patrol. Guess what. Three different answers. The trooper was the last on the list so asked him if he thought we might be over-regulated if the folks in charge couldn't agree on an interpretation of the law. He said I was better off having permits and license that that I might not actually need rather than ending up in court with a judge deciding. Go figure....