• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bigdan315

BIGDAN315

Occupation
Self employed in the excavating buis and have been
I am looking at an 86 L9000 tandom dump truck to buy. It has a n14 cummons, 8 speed trans. It was a munisipal truck that did not have a plow on it as far as I know. The truck is in good shape and for NYwinters, thats saying allot. It has about 180,000 miles on it. What can I hall as far as weight with it? GVW is unknown. Will it have enough power?

If any one has some input on this I would appreiciate it.

tonka

Occupation
Equipment Operator
I am looking at an 86 L9000 tandom dump truck to buy. It has a n14 cummons, 8 speed trans. It was a munisipal truck that did not have a plow on it as far as I know. The truck is in good shape and for NYwinters, thats saying allot. It has about 180,000 miles on it. What can I hall as far as weight with it? GVW is unknown. Will it have enough power?

If any one has some input on this I would appreiciate it.
You know it was very well kept!