• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Big loads or large tow truck Pictures-earthmoving

Jdigger4130

Thanks A bunch guys... AMAZING work you guys do! Always makes me smile when I see big rigs DWARFED by BIGGER!!!!!

buckfever

The trucks in the earlier post that where former dump trucks, do they just take the most worn out unit and turn them into a tow truck or lowboy tracktor or is there more to it then that?

alco

The trucks in the earlier post that where former dump trucks, do they just take the most worn out unit and turn them into a tow truck or lowboy tracktor or is there more to it then that?

Typically, we don't choose the most worn out truck, but pick a truck that is close to the end of it's service life, and have it rebuilt. Once it's been rebuilt, then we outfit it with whatever we need to do the job we assign it to.

rabia

Banned
you shared really good pix. my grand Father had fond of purchasing different kinds of trucks for their construction and manufacturing industry.

td14steve

Here is how they moved my Td14 out of my yard thought it was a good fit for the thread. Not the biggest Towtruck but It picked the old 14 up and walked across the yard with it.td14.jpgtd141.jpgtd143.jpg Pics aren't the greatest only had the phone

Aussie John

Occupation
Maintenance Planner, mining equipment
Here is an aerial view of two haulers in use at a Queensland mine site. If you look carefully, a Cat D11 can be seen on the larger float - a 400 ton MineRanger pulled by a Cat 793. The smaller unit is a 160 ton float built by Bosich and pulled by a new Cat 777F.

Mine Haulers.JPG

JGS Parts

Occupation
Owner JGS Machinery
that D11 looks so small when it gets into mine sites . put them near civil gear they look huge put them near some big face shovels and dump trucks they are the small boys on the site

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..

robin yates uk