• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bid Clerk/Data Fax

GGDOZERINC

Anybody use these types of services? And if so how do you like them? I was looking at a few, they are kind of expensive and I dont know if right now it is worth the investment. For those that dont know what they are they are data bases for construction job leads. They give you all the info on the job in the area you work in. Its a good idea but can cost some real cash. Tell me what you think.

bidclerk.com
datafax.com

raschmid

We use Builder's Exchange, similar to those you mentioned. Back in the good times we never even used it, but now I'd say about 60%, of the jobs we bid on come from Builder's Exchange. It's not only good to find projects, but you can get all your plans, specs, addenda, etc. off of it. In my opinion it's worth the money if you can afford it.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
I have used Bidclerk with mixed results. I think I landed one project from there. Datafax to me seems more geared to the public bid jobs. One service that I recieved the most jobs from is LDI. http://www.ldireproprinting.com/locations.htm

They don't have a LA office listed but for folks in the areas listed it is free and the price of prints is very reasonable.

Last edited:

GGDOZERINC

I noticed bid clerk is less than half the price of data fax. But data fax is alot more user friendly but it is still hard to justify spending 500 bucks for 3 months of this.

maq

I noticed bid clerk is less than half the price of data fax. But data fax is alot more user friendly but it is still hard to justify spending 500 bucks for 3 months of this.

Its very easy to justify if you get just 1 contract out of the deal.