• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

best type of fuel hose

SDTN

My Gehl Ctl80 has cloth covered fuel hose from the fuel tank to the water separator. I need to replace it. What type of fuel hose is best. Do I have to use the cloth covered as a replacement? does it offer any advantage?
Thanks

DIYDAVE

I use import car guel line hose, like a mercedes diesel uses, has cloth fibers in it, lasts a long time...

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Import car fuel hose is good stuff, when you can easily find it. Myself, for diesel fuel lines, I use pushlok/pushloc hose that you can source at any hyd hose shop, far better than common fuel hose from auto parts stores.

SDTN

Thanks for the info. Looking at the Parker super flex, just didn’t know if the cloth covering was an advantage.
Thanks again

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
Import car fuel hose is good stuff, when you can easily find it. Myself, for diesel fuel lines, I use pushlok/pushloc hose that you can source at any hyd hose shop, far better than common fuel hose from auto parts stores.

What hose model/part number do you typically use for this?

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
What hose model/part number do you typically use for this?
Don't have the part number in my head, I just replaced a short piece on a diesel welder today, I'll get a part number from the hose and let you know tomorrow