• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Best trailer for bobcat t630

redneckracin

Occupation
Civil Engineer
One that fits the budget, doesn't pull like a brick, has plenty of tie down points, has LED lights, and preferably electric over hydraulic brakes. IMO, a deck over trailer is not fun to load a weight biased machine on. A dedicated low height skidsteer trailer or a tilt deck would be my first options. Is this the only load to consider or is it a multi use trailer?

macmann

That being said, do you know what brands to stick with? I am in Houston TX. Do brands really matter or are most trailers locally made?

chevy94

If you're going to stick with a bumper-pull trailer and are primarily going to be hauling that one machine I would recommend a tilt-bed trailer with a 4' stationary deck. When I worked for the highway department we used TowMaster tilts and those worked well, DooLittle makes a very nice tilt PJ, LoadTrail all have good reputations as well. I would stay away from "home built trailers" as they usually aren't powdercoated and the fit to finish isn't as good as some of the others.

Catbota

Would probably get a better response in the "trailer" section. But I'll take a stab....
1. What year is your truck?
We Need to know the gvwr/GAWR/Gcwr to see if you can even legally pull it. But regardless of what year it, even if it brand spaken new, you are going to need (and really should get) a gooseneck trailer regardless of what type of trailer (deckover vs lowboy). This is considering weight of the t630 (9000 lbs+) and the fact that the lightest bumper pull trailer you could get is probably around the 3500 lbs+ range. That adds up to lot of weight for a 3/4 ton especially bumper pulling.

Short answer: get a gooseneck with elect over hydraulic breaks.

macmann

I have a 2016 Dodge 2500 with cummins. It has a factory goose neck and the receiver mounted to frame in rear. I prefer a rear pull due to storage of the trailer in my area. If you guys ultimately think the goose neck is better for safety, then, I'll go with it.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Welcome to the Forums Macmann!:drinkup

Will trailer be used to haul other things or primarily the T630?

A pintle ring bumper pull 14K with electric brakes will do fine behind a '16 Dodge 2500. I assume your truck has a HD receiver hitch and towing package? I regularly move a T250 and 279 around with a 14K bumper pull (electric brakes both axles) and it does fine behind my '13 F350 SRW. I also have a 14K gooseneck and use it to haul long or bulky items. It does pull better but the bumper pull is much easier to maneuver.

Personally I am not a fan of electric over hydraulic brakes on a trailer. Electric brakes on both axles on a 14K bumper or gooseneck is simple, effective and efficient, no sense in complicating it.

JBarnett650

I purchased a PJ Deckover (22' deck, 2' dove) to haul my T650 behind my GMC 2500HD's. It handles pretty well but a gooseneck would be more ideal with that setup. As far as loading and unloading goes, a tilt or low deck would be more comfortable and easier, but I went with a deckover so that I wouldn't have to ever worry about clearance issues between fenders and I can haul a large variety of loads or attachments and place them where I want them. I also do snow removal in the winter, so being able to easily move machines and pushboxes around was a must and with the bumper-pull, I am not limited to certain tow vehicles and can still hitch up to a truck with a v-box spreader or dump truck. I guess it all boils down to your specific application and uses, I am very happy with mine so far although it is a bit cumbersome.

-James

Xcavating

Prefer gooseneck

I just got a t630. Plan to haul with my dodge 2500. What is the best trailer to get for this model?

If you are gonna be hauling every day, then I prefer a gooseneck trailer. They just distribute weight better and easier to pull, also you can haul more with it.

If you are set on a tag trailer, then I highly recommend you install air bags on your 2500. Once you have them, you will never go back.

HRPServicesTX

Occupation
Land Management, Fencing, Metal Buildings, Arenas,
Get either a lowboy gooseneck with dovetail and fold down ramps. Or a dump trailer...I'm going to sell my lowboy and get a dump, much more useful. Stick with load trail, you'll be very glad you did, very well built trailers. You're in the Houston area, theres a trailer manufacturer in madisonville called Texas Pride. I'd stay away from them, very poorly built, welds are crap, not built heavy enough...i ordered a trailer from them and walked away from it when I saw the quality of it and pulled it. I've never pulled a trailer that rough before empty or loaded.

JS300

Occupation
Power Plant and Cattle
I would go with a lo pro 30' dual tandem gooseneck with the monster ramps. I've been hauling mine with a 36' PJ standerd deck gooseneck and it does get s little hairy loading it. I have been backing it on the trailer wich helps but a lo pro would make it alot easier and safer. Not sure what your machine wieghs but most bumper pull trailers have 2 7k axles by the time you add the wieght of the skid, attachments, and the wieght of the trailer you are already over 14k. PJ, load trail, bigtex, and Maxey are all good trailers and are built within 30 miles of me here in NE TX. Another thing to think about is with a tandem dual if you have a flat it doesn't become an emergency to get it changed.

Todd v.

I own an S630 and use a Big Tex20+5 GN deck over with 7k# axles and am very happy with it. Room to side load a bucket one each side up front and an have attachment on the machine. GN trailers tow much better but are a little less friendly to maneuver. If I have an attachment, even just forks on the machine it's no issue to drive up forward onto the trailer, no attachment you must back on unless you are pointing down an hill.

Todd v.

Like said above, with your machine you may be pushing the weight limits though. The trailer I won widths 4800# empty so there is only about 10,500# left for payload including the tongue weight. My machine is only 7700#