• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Best Rock Picker Attachment for CAT 299D2 HXP

Hello everyone, I purchased a new CAT 299D2 High flow skid steer this winter and am thinking about purchasing a rock picker attachment for it.

Anyone have an opinion on what's the best manufacturer and/or model?

Thanks

RTSmith

Occupation
Amateur demolition & dirt pusher
What exactly is a rock picker? Like a Rockhound, or different?

Tinkerer

If you are looking for a front mount one you don't have many options. If you want a really good one look for the trailer style. You can pull it with your John Deere 4720. I have used the trailer style and they are fast and can carry a decent amount of rocks before it needs dumping.

Canadian_digger

I have cat one and it's broke more times than I can remember. The chains are not strong enough and snap. I also had two of the bars that support the chains also break.

Seen one of the Bobcat it had 3 chains where my cat only has two.

We do run it through some tougher soil and we probably should. It does do a really nice job and leaves a nice finished product

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Second on the trailer style. Co-worker rented one for his pasturage and loved it so much he bought it intending on using it everywhere he can. He got a Rite Way but there are others similar.