• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Best pintle hitch?

Johndeere120

I'm looking for a good U.S.A. brand pintle hitch for my pickup and dump truck. I was going to order one off Amazon and people posted pictures that the hook broke off of course they were all from China but now I'm willing to spend anything for a good one with premier forged steel if that hook breaks it can kill someone. I'm looking at Wallace forge are they any good? It seems they are U.S.A made? Thanks

Johndeere120

This is what I run on all my class 6-7 trucks, they are (were?) made in USA and are really good. Not suitable for a pickup ofcourse.
I have a friend who does dump truck work and pulls equipment and drives with another friend and they both have that swivel style hitch. My friend said a few months ago he was loading an excavator and noticed something was loose by the tongue and when it check the whole shaft was about sheared. Then his buddy had the same one and his broke right where they pivot while pulling a machine in the middle of an intersection. Whole trailer dropped and caused a big scene. Knew a few other guys tell me to stay away from those. I never had one but from what I heard they aren't too good especially as they get older. I ended up buying a premier last night rated for 55 tons. Pretty expensive but at least I know it'll never break like those Chinese ones

MG84

Depends on how heavy you load them I guess, I would never use that hitch anywhere near the rated capacity. One of them is on my F600 and has been in continuous service for over 30yrs, but max it ever tows is 20k.

Acoals

Occupation
Jack of all trades/Master of none
I have a Beyers hitch on my truck, I guess it hasn't broken yet . . .

IceHole

You need one that goes in a hitch or bolts on?

I have a Buyers that's rated for 30k on my pickup.
Not sure on my Dumptruck but it's a bolt on and wayyy bigger.