1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

best mulchinh head for ctl

Discussion in 'Compact Equipment Attachments' started by rockman, Mar 31, 2015.

1. rockman

rockman Well-Known Member

possibly looking at a mulching head to add to the business
    i run a tl12 Takeuchi , 110hp , high-flow machine

been told to look at the fae heads but have just come across the Loftness G3 head
    i'm in australia , i know i can get the fae cutter but unsure of anything else

looking for opinions on different brands or even using the disc style mulchers http://www.advancedforest.com/products/ss-series-mulchers-for-skid-steers

thanks

2. fergy

fergy Active Member

There are a few to chose from over here
    Be sure to get a demo if you can
    Have seen too many times someone put an implement onto a machine that can't quite run it
    And then not be able to do the job or do it efficiently
    Fergy

3. rockman

do you run any mulchers at all ?

4. KSSS

KSSS Senior Member

excavation
    I think the FAE head is pretty tough to beat, especially with the variable hyd motor. I have a Tushogg which I like in certain applications but it is not as efficient at cutting as it some of the others, but it is great in rocky conditions.

5. Tones

Tones Senior Member

land clearing contractor
    rockman, I don't think Loftness have any proper agents in Australia and compared with other mulchers aren't as productive. Teeth are real expensive at $220 each x 36. AHWI/Fecon are hard to go past and have good engineering design and more rotor configurations.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  6. mwarfel

mwarfel New Member

Rockman Fecon has agents in AU who would be happy to work with you on setting up a demo so that you can take a look at what we have to offer in the way of mulchers. We, as Fecon, have set up many mulchers on the TL12 and customers have been very happy with the performance. CEG/ASVAU is our distributor in AU and you can find them at http://www.asvaus.com/contact-us.html

Thanks

7. rockman

down to the ordering part ... my machine Takeuchi TL12V2 is approx 1950mm across the tracks
    my choices are either the
    AHWI 450H1600mm which is in the country
    AHWI450H1900mm which is 2-3 months away on a boat
    or go the FAE which are in stock at the moment , either the 150vt or the 175vt
    people are saying that should go the smaller of the ahwi as the larger one is to much to push around the tree's

any opinions at all from operators ?
    Cheers Jim