• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

best grease?

thirdcoaster

Occupation
Slumlord
I use Lubrication Engineers 3752 Almagard. It's really good stuff, and really expensive. When I sold my industrial supply, we had a lot of it in stock that misteriously didn't make the inventory list:beatsme. I don't know if I'll pony up the $$ for more when I run out.

We also sold a lot of the Lucas Red N Tacky and Mystic JT-6. As people became aware of the Citgo connection to Mystic, many tended to choose another product like Lucas.

I tend to agree that any ol' grease applied frequently is much better than a premium grease rarely used.

stovepipe699

We use Sonic molyguard grease from CO-OP on our farm machines. It's been excellent, anything greased with it lasts really well. The base isn't very thick, excellent winter grease.

TimHay

Occupation
Self employed
We use Shell srs4000.:)

A special grease, lithium based i mean, EP and NLGI 2 standard.
A very sticky grease, thats extremly water resistant.
Was primerly made for boat axles....:eek:
Stay's in place for ever, compared to other types.

Is also available as SRS 2000, a bether solution for cold areas.
I have heard the 2000 variant is used by the Canadian railroad companys.;)

All I use is the srs2000 and feel it is pretty good stuff. They have summer and winter types if we dont switch soon enough on the stick of the track hoes, and it turns cold you can't pump it through the tubes.
Also like some one else said earlier "it is not quality but quantity", I like to see grease comming out of the pins, not all over the gun and in the cabs

heavylift

I use Lubrication Engineers 3752 Almagard. It's really good stuff, and really expensive. When I sold my industrial supply, we had a lot of it in stock that misteriously didn't make the inventory list:beatsme. I don't know if I'll pony up the $$ for more when I run out.

We also sold a lot of the Lucas Red N Tacky and Mystic JT-6. As people became aware of the Citgo connection to Mystic, many tended to choose another product like Lucas.

I tend to agree that any ol' grease applied frequently is much better than a premium grease rarely used.

I like the red stuff LE made back in the 80's & 90's ... really sticky stuff... it was messy but it stayed where it was put, you would pull of the zerk and little stings of grease would stretch for about 2'..

I have a pictures of the cranes when I was on the job. Building an office/lab addition... Back in the early ninety's.. I'll look for them

dany

Occupation
professor
canadian

I am from Canada. We have store named «Canadian Tire». Anybody have any suggestion with the brand they sell. From what I read, it should be grease with added moly and moreover used the gun often:cool2

Dany

dany

Occupation
professor
Thanks Rod, I will go with 3% moly in the futre on my Komatsu pc 75

Dany

dayexco

there used to be a schaeffer rep that used to sponsor here, and i kind of beat him up a little bit on the additional expense for his product over what i was using....were he around now, i'd apologize, it was pure ignorance of his product on my part that made me spew my misinformed opinion. we just had a young man give us a demo on his schaeffer products...right along side what we are currently using, and thinking we were buying the best available....the difference was incredible...we ordered a barrel of the motor oil, and 30 tubes of the gun grease just to try out. if they perform any where near the demonstration given to us...we'll be switching.

soothappens

Lubriplate 3000 Thick nasty stuff mainly use it on pto splines, fifth wheels it dosent pump into any thing else easily

Lucas red and tacky for everything else

Lucas heavy duty.
just started using it . The container said for use where frequent greasing is not possible or neglected . Well see how it works

for cables and chains I've been using Belray cable and chain lube . The best I've ever used ! 6 months and it looks like you just applied it.

KG4CPJ

Occupation
US Air Force/Amsoil Dealer
Amsoil Heavy Duty and Off-Road Grease

Hello I am an Independent Amsoil Dealer and I just wanted to say you should checkout the video on Amsoil about the HD grease. Very interesting test, shows a lot about the grease. You can either keep your normal grease interval and use 50% less everytime or extend your grease interval out twice the original time. Checkout this link http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/synthetic-grease.aspx

Get with me if you would like to purchase and I can tell you how to get the Amsoil products at wholesale prices. Thanks Jayar

N.B.CONCRETE

Occupation
OWNER
Hello I am an Independent Amsoil Dealer and I just wanted to say you should checkout the video on Amsoil about the HD grease. Very interesting test, shows a lot about the grease. You can either keep your normal grease interval and use 50% less everytime or extend your grease interval out twice the original time. Checkout this link http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/synthetic-grease.aspx

Get with me if you would like to purchase and I can tell you how to get the Amsoil products at wholesale prices. Thanks Jayar

I'd rather use Mary Kay .

KG4CPJ

Occupation
Wow

I'd rather use Mary Kay .

Everyone has an opinion. I'm not saying your wrong but do you have to be so harsh? Take a look at the video I am not telling you to use it I am just putting it out there for everyone to see. Thanks for your input.

Cat420

Occupation
Construction, small engine and machine shop work
I run Amsoil in my truck and race quad and see no reason there grease shouldn't be just as good, although I do use Shaeffer's.

The Mary Kay comment has me confused as well. There's always a place for varying opinions based on everyone's experience, but that post doesn't help me one bit.

KG4CPJ

Occupation
Cat420

Contact me if you are purchasing Amsoil from a retail store. I can tell you how to receive Amsoil at wholesale prices. Thanks Jayar