1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Best flashlight

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by Midnightmoon, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Midnightmoon

Midnightmoon Senior Member

Well my mac flashlight has been great for almost 8 years now it's time for a new one. Budgets about 150. was thinking of a streamlite this time around. Looking for something that will fit in my pocket, super bright, and take serious abuse.
    What's your favorite?

2. westerner

westerner Well-Known Member

Streamlight makes good stuff. All the cops around here carry them. That is all I need to know.

Buddy and John Canfield like this.
  3. Coaldust

Coaldust Senior Member

Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
    I’ve been rocking the same SureFire G2X Tactical 600 Lumen for 4 years, edc. Very happy with it. Except the price of CR123A batteries. It’s too bright, for some things. Fits perfect in a Carharrt Jean side pocket.

I’m required to use class 1 division 1 hazard lighting, but most of it sucks. So, I carry a Pelican or whatever brand of headlamp to look legit and use my SureFire when I need to see. Which is often, because the sun never rises in the winter. Lol.

4. JLarson

JLarson Senior Member

Owner- civil and heavy repair/fab company
    Streamlight Strion or Stinger, I've got a few of each. I try to use them over any of my Streamlights or Surefires that use CR123's to save $$$$ lol

5. Zewnten

Zewnten Well-Known Member

I use coast pen lights, rechargeable or aaa. Great warranty and plenty bright for me.

6. heymccall

heymccall Senior Member

I use the heck out my one of these. Runs an hour on bright. Second battery always ready. One bolt on bracket and slid under seat track.
    Screenshot_20210407-220019_Amazon Shopping.jpg Screenshot_20210407-220421_Photos.jpg

tpitt and Tags like this.
  7. terex herder

terex herder Senior Member

My EDC is a Streamlight microstream. USB rechargeable, small enough to carry easily anytime I am wearing pants.

Jonas302 and John Canfield like this.
  8. hvy 1ton

hvy 1ton Senior Member

Streamlight Protac 2L-X with SL-B26 batteries. I've been using one for 2 years and really like it. The rechargeable batteries have greatly reduced my CR-123A consumption.
    Protac 2L-X
    SL-B26

John Canfield likes this.
  9. DMiller

DMiller Senior Member

Almost Retired
    One that works when needed!!

Old Doug and mks like this.
  10. frickenbored

frickenbored Well-Known Member

I've had my Streamlight stinger DS led for at very least 8 years now and it's hands down the best flashlight I've ever owned. I've thrown it at concrete walls multiple times, thrown it on the cement floor many times, ran it over with a truck and dropped it more times than I can count. That thing still works flawlessly, I've only ever replaced the lens because it was extremely scratched up.

But lately I've been using one of those Braun adjustable lights from harbor freight:
    56329_W3.jpg
    I've been very impressed. It's rechargeable, uses a 18650 batt, has a super strong magnet on the bottom, and it's crazy bright. It won't take the abuse my streamlight has taken but for $25 you can't go wrong.

DMiller and John Canfield like this.
  11. nowing75

nowing75 Senior Member

You normally work naked? jk

DMiller, Tags, ETER and 1 other person like this.
  12. Coaldust

Coaldust Senior Member

Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
    Holy cow. You made me snort coffee on my shirt with that one. Lol

DMiller, Old Doug and John Canfield like this.
  13. terex herder

terex herder Senior Member

Wear my kilt. Wool, so its fire resistant.

DMiller likes this.
  14. Vetech63

Vetech63 Senior Member

I wish I was rich like you guys. I get mine at Walmart.

15. heymccall

heymccall Senior Member

We're rich? Would you care to see the plethora of dead or screwed up lights that that led me to spend $137 on a flashlight? I know I've spent at least that much in cheapo flashlights.

DMiller and Vetech63 like this.
  16. JD955SC

JD955SC Senior Member

cheap lights aren’t they always crap out and die

I went through a crapload of maglites and mini mags back in the day before tossing them all and replacing them with a Surefire G2 that was a pretty penny. The CR123 batteries weren’t the cheapest but the two surefires I own have never flickered or crapped out on me like literally every cheap flashlight I have ever owned. I put that G2 on my rifle and then got a G2X for work carry.

DMiller likes this.
  17. Old Doug

Old Doug Senior Member

I hate to spend alot to me every thing seems to last only so long then isnt as bright.Then is it going to get lost or broken.

DMiller likes this.
  18. JBrady

JBrady Well-Known Member

Streamlight Stinger is hands down the best flashlight I have ever held. Not very practical to carry around as a flashlight, but the DeWalt LED light coupled with a large battery is great for almost everything where weight isn't an issue.

DMiller and ianjoub like this.
  19. ianjoub

ianjoub Senior Member

DeWalt 20v because I carry the other 20v tools. I have a LED headlight from Amazon that is very bright, just wish it was rechargeable. It does use AAA's at least, so batteries aren't too expensive. By the way, nothing like Duracell ProCells!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B096ZCLGH7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

DMiller likes this.
  20. 1466IH

1466IH Senior Member

Pretty well anything from streamlight. Have several of the stylus lights between the single batt and double batt and a stinger