• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Best Excavator Buckets

Prime7

Could anyone tell me what they think the best brand of excavator buckets is? Primarily for a Kobelco SK210-8 and SK350-8. Which brand, Hensley, Esco, CP, WB, etc.? Why?

clintm

Occupation
trucking,concrete recycling,grading, demolition
I just bought a couple of buckets and thumb , coupler ,ripper from craig attachments in canada they do have sales man that cover the southeast and I have been very pleased with the whole transaction from them listening to what I wanted to making sure it would work to follow up they even forgot to send a lifting clevis for they eye on the coupler and called a couple weeks later notifying me that they had forgot and it had been shipped

Prime7

Thanks guys. I have never heard of Lemac or Craig attachments. How do they last? How does the Craig load and clear?

clintm

Occupation
trucking,concrete recycling,grading, demolition
craig will build what ever you what they were very good to work with check out there web site.they are the best attachment manufacture that I have ever talked to. I met them at con expo this spring the 2nd and 3rd generation owners was there in the booth. I had ordered a progressive link thumb for my case 350C but when it got to engineering they seen it was a medium stick and there was not enough room to have a long enough cycl. to give the extra rotation so they called me to find out what my application is and suggested a non-link thumb (which was cheaper) not many people would do that.

Bliz

Occupation
Excavator/Logger
We have used backhoes and excavators for 30 years and without a doubt, Wimmer makes the most durable buckets on the market. Our new Volvo was ordered with Wimmer buckets and they weren't available yet so we used the Craig buckets and after 100 hours of use you could see wear. We finally got our Wimmer buckets and with 500 hours we have almost no visual wear. I would not have spent the additional money unless they were worth it. You pay more up front, but they last forever.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Welcome to HEF East Attachments. I suggest you look over our forum rules, this rule in particular:

Advertising of goods and services are not permitted unless sponsoring heavyequipmentforums.com. A vendor of goods or services may start one introductory thread explaining their product or service and may answer questions about such within that thread. No further promotion of your product or service may be made without sponsorship. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, click “Contact Us” at the bottom of any page.

As it's stated, we allow a vendor to start a "one introductory thread" to promote a product of service, but we do not allow promoting a product or service in posts in multiple threads. I left this post on the board, but the others were removed as they are a violation of the rules.

pafarmer

Occupation
Land clearing, demo, site prep etc. Ex Pro Motocro
Wimmer makes one hell of a bucket. Extremely durable and built for hard conditions. last a good long time ....I have not seen or used better in 35 plus years of movin dirt...

Occupation
CEO Roo Attachments
Hensley makes a really good bucket. Made from US steel, not that China junk.

http://www.hensleyind.com/

Well I have seen Hensely making buckets in china in a city called Nanjing not sure where they where exporting them as they make there teeth in china as they are in a JV with a company called NBLF. but as i said not sure if they are exporting them ones to the states or not.

Coastiebro

Occupation
Ex diesel mechanic now contractor
Have to add the Kiwi made BAS tilt bucket takes abuse well, I am the second owner, line bored and bushed, some cracks now (12000 hrs) and just welded new cutting edge. Gets used for all sorts not designed for tilt buckets, but I don't think there is a bucket that hasn't been used as a hammer out there.

tkoden

We havended a TAK TB290 (20k lb excavator) it came with a TAG coupler and high capacity buckets. The buckets are very HD and appear to be holding up well.

monster76

Occupation
Contractor
all my buckets are cp except the 48" that came with my link belt which is an esco