• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Best Engine For Medium Duty Trucks

calhoonie

Hey everyone. Would like to know if any of you have any opinions/experience with the Cat C7, Cummins ISL, or MBE900. I am wondering what the best of these engines is. Thanks!-calhoonie

Willis Bushogin

Occupation
owner
engines

Hey everyone. Would like to know if any of you have any opinions/experience with the Cat C7, Cummins ISL, or MBE900. I am wondering what the best of these engines is. Thanks!-calhoonie

if you compare price of engine, price of possible repairs, and the popular engine, I like the Cummins, to me you get a good engine for the money and when you have to repair it seems to be cheaper to repair. They all have their prons and cons, to me it would depend on the rest of the story (what is it in and what the price is. I really dont buy a piece of equipment, just because it has a certain kind of engine, unless its a Cat 3116, 3208, Cummins T444E, thisis a good engine, but not a bunch of power for construction.
Just my 2 cents worth

Willis Bushogin

Occupation
owner
cummins

Cummins doesnt make a T444E, that's an International/Navistar engine.
a typeO, the cummins shouldnt have been there, I guess my typing was ahead of my brain. I know its a Int., my brother has one, thats why I said I wouldnt buy one, for a pulling truck
Sorry if I mis lead anyone:Banghead

ben46a

Well we just got 2 Stirlings with the MBE4000 @ 350 hp. Ill let you know in a week or so how they work out. Id stay away from the C7 there at best a 300,000 mile engine in a tandem.

calhoonie

Hey ben46a have you got any info on those MBE4000's in the sterlings?:beatsme If anyone else have any experience with the Mercedes-Benz engines i'm interested in finding out what you got to say. Thanks! calhoonie:usa

ben46a

Actually nothing yet, I went on vaca for a week and it looks like the body fitters did too. Just got the first truck back today. Still have to put the planks and decals on before they go to work.