1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Best drive tire

Discussion in 'Trucks' started by Truck Shop, May 12, 2022.

1. Truck Shop

Truck Shop Senior Member

star gazer
    Anyone looking at buying new drive tires should check these out. I bought five sets {36}, all five sets have made it
    to 200,000 miles and have another 10 to 15,000 left to run them out. Our GVW is 100,000. The best I've gotten out
    of other brands is 160,000 on average. That includes Bridgestone, Michelin and Goodyear. The winter traction is real
    good plus fairly quiet. 210 to 220,000 on a set of drives is really good. At 80,000 GVW should make 250 to 260,000. Yokohama s-l1600.jpg

John C., DB2 and 4x4ford like this.
  2. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member

What tire is this? The brand is not visible in your photo.
    What size have you been running?
    You said 80k# would allow the tires to potentially go even farther...What GVW are you running, and what application/s, when getting 200k miles?

3. Truck Shop

Truck Shop Senior Member

star gazer
    Right at the bottom it says Yokohama. 295/75 22.5 is all we run. It also says we run 100,000 gvw.
    We run 4 axle tractors with 3 axle trailers. OTR.

DB2 likes this.
  4. DB2

DB2 Senior Member

Thanks for the tip Mike. Have had good luck with Yoko’s in our application. I run a fleet of sweepers and they do nasty things to tires.