• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Belly dump question , on road

sandnsnow

Occupation
adult babysitter
do the gates on your trailor plug when you spread material like base or crusher run rock

Ours have box viberators on them. This makes it easy to spred base with. I will not haul pit/jaw run in it because its a pain if they plug with a 24" or larger rock. :mad:

bellydumper

Occupation
driver/company rep..
Ours have box viberators on them. This makes it easy to spred base with. I will not haul pit/jaw run in it because its a pain if they plug with a 24" or larger rock. :mad:
i see ours don't have vibrators and our are clam style not single gate but we have been looking at some similar and i was wondering if it would be an issue

rabbit

Occupation
Plumbing and Exavation Contractor
do the gates on your trailor plug when you spread material like base or crusher run rock

OH, yes. If you are wanting to spread a 6" lift and have some larger stones in the load it will definitely hang up. And screw up your spread even in the dump trucks. Our pit has a few larger (12-18") stones but we try to keep them out of the loads. My next purchase is a separator.
:usa

Mauroalberto

Does anyone know how much they usually pay belly dumps owner operators. Do they pay by the mile or by the ton or by the hour?