• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Behind The Overlay Browser Extension

Tinkerer

I finally found a neat browser extension that will erase / delete those pop up overlays that ask you to buy a subscription or membership to read a webpage. Online newspapers are the worst when all I want is to read one article.
I do not have a Facebook membership and this extension removes their popups also.
This is the authors description-----> " What's it all about ?
Some websites will use an overlay to mask its content with a transparent background to force you to read a message before you can see the actual content.
I find this very annoying as every site will have a different way to close that overlay popup.
This extension solves this problem by offering you one button to close any overlay on any website you may ever encounter."
After enabling the extension an icon is placed in the RH side the toolbar. Just click on it and the overlay is removed.
It is available for Firefox and Google Chrome.
Here is a link to it. --------> https://github.com/NicolaeNMV/BehindTheOverlay
Behind The Overlay Extension.png