• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bearing Press

Bote

Got an opportunity to buy a bearing press cheap. I’ve never really had much use for them as a lot of stuff was too big to situate in the press. Anyone use one for pressing out bushings? I’m thinking it’ll just take up floor space in my shop and collect dust

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
If it’s cheap enough, buy it and resell it.
Do u have any truck shops around.,?? How about a truck stop with a “mechanic on-duty”..
Good luck

NH575E

Occupation
Retired Machinist
I was fighting with some spindle bearings a while back and saw a sale on the HF press. Made room in the garage for it and have found use for it twice since doing the job I bought it for.

Old Doug

Got an opportunity to buy a bearing press cheap. I’ve never really had much use for them as a lot of stuff was too big to situate in the press. Anyone use one for pressing out bushings? I’m thinking it’ll just take up floor space in my shop and collect dust
I use the crap out of mine and have a lot of different fixures for it I have even split some firewood in it for the shop stove. Nothing aginst you but if you dont know you probably won't use it.

HarleyHappy

Occupation
Welder/Mechanic
Put it on a cheap Harbor Freight moving dolly, makes it movable.
Keeps it out of the way.

eKretz

I bought it. It came with about 50 discs in 1 mm increments. I've already used those twice with my arbor press.

Good move if you work on things. Thinking further on the subject, I actually have several arbor presses. Forgot about the little ones I use on a desktop in the basement workshop (#0).