• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

BC logging equipment left to rust

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Why would anyone beach a boom boat and walk away?

Jumbo

Occupation
retired
Peter Mortensen Collection These pictures look to be an old Steam Yarder and Sleigh , probably in San Juan Valley
I always looked at those 1" and 1-1/2 " bolts that tied those sleds together thinking how long it took to cut a thread like that by hand. I've cut a few 1" threads by hand and it wasn't a very fast process.

skyking1

almost every post he has made is about asking.
In his defense he did ask about old railways and has seen evidence of the roadbed, so he is running around up there. I hope to do so myself some day, taking the 5th wheel across for a summer and leaving it there.

exploring

almost every post he has made is about asking.
In his defense he did ask about old railways and has seen evidence of the roadbed, so he is running around up there. I hope to do so myself some day, taking the 5th wheel across for a summer and leaving it there.
Nothing rude. Love exploring. Helps when I have a general area to look in. What's wrong with being interested in bc mining logging rail history .