• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Battery cable ends - what’s best crimped, soldered, compressed etc

cosmaar1

This supplier looks pretty good , has anyone bought from them “GenuineDealz”.

They have all the heavy duty so-called ‘marine’ battery cable components or they can make up your custom cable according to your specs: color, end, awg etc. Because as stated, proper crimping is necessary to ensure long lasting, low-resistance connections, getting the cable built by an outfit with the right crimper is a good way to go.

https://www.genuinedealz.com/products/custom-battery-cable-marine-grade-by-the-foot

View attachment 230454

Just wanted to bump this post and see if anyone has bought from this site?

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
Those kinds of site are hit or miss. Usually some guy in his garage assembling cables when you order, it seems. Sometimes he is having a good day and sometimes a bad day or a new guy on the crimping machine. Or maybe he goes on vacation for a week and you wait.

Of course, we have a large hydraulic crimper. If we did not have that, I would be having them made to order by somebody who did.

emmett518

If you have a two battery installation, do they sell post battery clamps that can handle a 2/0 going in, and a 2/0 going out?

emmett518

Since I didn't have large enough heat shrink tubing, or the batter connectors, I had a local shop do them. They charged $15 a cable, plus the cost of the parts, to cut, crimp, and heat shrink the cables. And I was able to get them immediately.