1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Bantam T250

Discussion in 'Old Iron!' started by 72hayes, Mar 15, 2013.

1. 72hayes

72hayes Well-Known Member

road builder
    In 1991 the HCEA convention was in Waverly Iowa. When we toured the Bantam Factory they had a table set up
    with old pictures that they let us take (geat deal). I got some pictures of a Bantam T250 hoe which I had never
    heard of. I have only seen the 350 crawler and truck mounts.

If anyone has one or knows of one I would be interested in purchasing one to restore. Please PM me with your
    phone number so we can talk!

Doug rsz_bantam_t_250.jpg rsz_bantam_t250.jpg

craneguy001 likes this.
  2. bigshow

bigshow Senior Member

You can learn something new everyday, I never heard of the 250, that is awesome. As a Bantam aficionado and collector I enjoy new finds such as this, so thank you. Right now I have a T350 crane I'm currently restoring, been all over hell looking for a backhoe and more stick but haven't had any luck.

3. caterpillarRy

caterpillarRy Well-Known Member

Might have seen something like that except not on a truck at the zagray farm in colchester ct last time I was there

4. 72hayes

road builder
  5. GabbyVice27

GabbyVice27 Well-Known Member

soilids control in the bakken, heavy eqipment serv
    big show I thing my cousin still has a cable hoe for a long gone c-350 ,its in Mississippi if your interested never mind it appears you have found one

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  6. glenlunberg

glenlunberg Senior Member

Supervisor
    I never seen this before. It looks like a wrecker. :D And it looks like a crane truck. :D

7. bigshow

bigshow Senior Member

I did find one, thank you anyways. Glen, that is a cable backhoe.

8. bigshow

bigshow Senior Member

Bump.

9. old-iron-habit

old-iron-habit Senior Member

Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
    I know where there might still be one that is on a military tracked carrier. Looks very similar to the one in the picture but armored hood and front end. Belonged to my uncle long deceased. Bulletproof radiator guard and the whole works. When the snow goes down a bit, I will go see of it is still there. Not sure what model it is, but it is a Bantam. Has a straight 8 Chrysler in it but the hood was open last time I seem it 3 to 4 years ago. One track is missing. I pulled concrete trucks up a sand hill with it on a job when I was about 18 years old. Set the brake and winched them right up with the front mounted winch.

10. Tugger

Tugger Well-Known Member

Great pictures,I didn't know about the 250 either. I have a T350,we use it as a yard crane and take it out for small jobs when we can.Im looking for information on the original colors as we want to paint this summer.I cant seem to get pictures on here ,but ill keep trying.
    Regards
    Dave

11. ben46a

ben46a Senior Member

I'm pretty sure there's one on the #1 hwy in maine, on a chev cckw chassis (4wd). But trucking may be prohibitive.

12. 72hayes

road builder
    Ben46A
    I like the one with the half cab but if you could get any pictures of the one it Maine it would be great.
    Doug

13. 72hayes

road builder
    Grable
    Was your T250 like one of these pictures?
    Doug

14. bigshow

bigshow Senior Member

15. GRABLE

GRABLE Active Member

Bantam T-250

This is Grable again. I have been away from this site for some time and the picture on the bottom left corner of the pictures here is me. Yes I know where are there is T-250 sitting, in west-central South Dakota and I know it can be bought. My phone number is 605 390 7777. There is a 7 minute video of me running my C-350 Bantam on You Tube

Just look for C-350 by Rich Grable.

16. oldtanker

oldtanker Senior Member

Ret
    Very cool vid! LOL I wish I could justify buying that!

Rick

17. 72hayes

road builder
    Thanks for the lead Rich unfortunately it was a T35 Tandem mount. So I am still looking for a T250
    Doug

18. bigshow

bigshow Senior Member

I will call you soon!

19. craneguy001

craneguy001 Member

Hey Grable do you or anyone else know where I can get so c350 boom and jib? I have the butt and tip. Also need a high gantryand wide shoes

20. GRABLE

GRABLE Active Member

Yes, there is a guy in Gila Bend Arizona that has lots of Bantam parts and operable machines. His name is Knutson and he runs a wrecker service in Gila Bend. I sold some crane boom to this Man dad, books and so forth. I also know where there is a complete T-350 for sale in western South Dakota. Crane boom only. My C 350 is located in my shop in Kadoka South Dakota if any you guys want to stop and see
    this old girl run, I will be there from 6-1-16 thru 9-15. I have a hoe on it.

craneguy001 likes this.