• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bakken Oil Field Work

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I grew up in Central North Dakota. We have friends that ranch in Grassy Butte. Unless you have actually lived there year around, I don't think you can appreciate what Winters are like. The Cold starts early and end late. As I type this it is minus 11 in Jamestown and 36 above in Billings, which gives you an idea of how dramatic the temp difference is. Winters in Eastern Idaho are laughable compared to North Dakota. Easy to say that for $$$ an hour I can endure anything, till your there. Very little housing available, living in an RV in the Winter would be a nightmare. I had a former employee who is working out there tell me to bring some machines out there as well a couple weeks ago. The asss tax would be high perhaps too high.

Colorado Digger

sounds like the natural gas patch in my AREA. Piceance basin. they were cranking then it slowed down. typical use and abuse. exxon, halli, williams . all those guy's are in there.

CAT_MAN

I just need a job if anyone knows of any. I have put in more apps then I count. I think these jobs get posted and they already have guys hired. I never even get a call or email back from 99% of the companies just confuses me. My resume is pretty strong (maybe too strong? stong in the wrong areas? not 20 years of experience ?) I am not sure what is going on I hate to be the guy living off unemployement but thats who I am right now, I much rather be working but cant seem to find anything. I am so sick of it. I love running equipment and seems nothing is out there. I have applied, talked to, gone to, every place around here but seems its all about who you know. :(

2stickbill

Occupation
Sniffin diesel fumes.
I just need a job if anyone knows of any. I have put in more apps then I count. I think these jobs get posted and they already have guys hired. I never even get a call or email back from 99% of the companies just confuses me. My resume is pretty strong (maybe too strong? stong in the wrong areas? not 20 years of experience ?) I am not sure what is going on I hate to be the guy living off unemployement but thats who I am right now, I much rather be working but cant seem to find anything. I am so sick of it. I love running equipment and seems nothing is out there. I have applied, talked to, gone to, every place around here but seems its all about who you know. :(
Construction,Oilfield and Pipeline work is a field where it's not what you know but who you know.If you know something on the Boss that helps too.