• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

"Back in the Day"

Vigilant

Occupation
Attitude Adjuster at the Graybar Hotel
Is there a story behind that last photo with all the decked logs?

Len Burton

Occupation
Retired
My dad at Comox Logging in the 30s. I ran it through photo shop to add a bit of colour.1.jpg

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
Ran into an old friend , Gerry VanBeers at the Antique Truck Show in Duncan today , passed me an envelope with some old Logging pictures to share . CPS Jordan River .scan605.jpg

camptramp

Occupation
Rob N. Comox Logging & Railroad Ladysmith 1937 , left to right Bill Solmie , Ed Cooke , Fred Fielding and W.M. Rainforth on Cat at Chemainus BC .scan698.jpg

camptramp

Occupation
Rob N. Comox Logging 1923 Rigger Herman Anderson working in the rigging of a wooden Spar Tree and standing atop the Spar Tree . Any fans of actress Pamela Anderson of "Bay Watch" fame out there ? Pamela is from Ladysmith BC and is the Grand Daughter of Herman Anderson , I guess we know where her showman ship comes from .scan701.jpgscan702.jpgscan703.jpgscan704.jpg

fixou812

Occupation
Millwright Equipment Mechanic Welder
....back in the day..."When THE MEN wurr MEN!"
And the Women were Men Too!"