• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Back at the Grain truck

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Have to admit we have not given up on Bacon but now Bake it as well, in the oven on a foil covered cookie sheet no grease splatters and less chance of burnt to death bacon. Saw this at the Nuke Canteen Shop, they baked and less mess, works.
I eat eggs, bacon, bread, real butter and manage just need to be aware of how much and how long between meals. Cannot eat half a Party Size bag of Cheetos then hour later a full meal and a four scoop bowl of ice cream a hour after that and expect to lose weight, not that I know someone that does just that.

Off to the Hydraulics shop in about a hour.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Well appointments done
Got to cleaning and assembling even got the trashed 7/16” roll pin remains out not clean externally but I am not choosy
Off my phone
CC661879-6074-430A-832D-A9A1F1D674A5.jpeg

Camshawn

Occupation
retired
I find it is easier to come into the house every few hours to (check in) get a glass of water. It keeps her happy and we all know “ happy wife, happy life”. Cam

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
She was at work, knows I put my phone down and ignore it but tries anyway. She got home and gave me 'That Look' as asked of the response I sent!! Took her out to eat at our Local Mex restaurant, special of the day 16 oz. Margaritas!!

Camshawn

Occupation
retired
^. I will have to try that one. Here Wifi stops 1/2 way to the shop from the house and cell service drops out inside the shop. I will have to change that one day. I have thought of getting some wifi cameras so that SHMBO can look in if she wants. Cam

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
Glad I don't have a wife/girlfriend nagging me that much and the texting, after all she's right there beside me turning a wrench too or watching.
Plus if I go over 75 ft from the house all cell phone service is lost and on 22.5 acres you do the math on how often that happens.:p

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Been after it again swimming in the 85% humidity doing my normal daily work and as such I am slow getting a tarp mounted to this.

Five bows I have had seemingly FORVEVER(1980s) lost the rest of attaching mechanism or gave away or whatever so bought bow pockets. get the bows on spread a 10x16 tarp across and too short long length, either end up hole at front or one to rear. so My last remaining brain cells cut in talk me into trying a 12x20. PERFORATED BOVINE Way too long and just a mess to try to control so the Fabricobbler cells stand up to be counted. Had some left overs in the corner of the shop, became a bulkhead riser at first bow. Have all that in place now, just drying down to start at it again tomorrow, work in cool time 7-noonish then stop and toss drowned rat clothing in a pile for laundering later.

So far Bulkhead and tarp retention strap, added more grommets to run bolts thru on 10x16:
IMG_5768.JPG IMG_5773.JPG
Hopefully tomorrow back at setting rope/bungee strap hooks and finish.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Been around the world a few times and have not heard of that, aside from frying the blossoms. Care to share a recipe?

I've got a recipe for fried squash which works well with zucchini, onions, okra and potatoes all mixed together too.

Wash all the veggies and slice in 1/4" thick sections. Throw it all in a bowl and add salt and pepper then let it sit for 30 mins or so. The salt will pull the water out of the squash and zucchini. After 30 mins or so dump some flour in the bowl and coat everything well then dump in hot oil. Fry to golden brown, drain and enjoy. I like it with some Frank's Red Hot Sauce to give it a kick.

I'm not much of a mechanic but I'm a decent cook - that and I cannot resist a proper Thread Hijack.:D

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
The old bike is in the shop to take apart for scrap!!

Sure it is. There's pounds and pounds of valuable scrap in a old exercise bike.

Well while we are Hijacking this thread, at least it has links to other parts of the thread, I'll add an idea I have been tossing around for a few years. Have an old treadmill that the belt had been torn on so I scraped it for odds and ends of steel bits. But still have the motor and controller sitting in a box.

Keep thinking about cobbling up some bits together and use that motor to run a paint shaker for rattle can paint cans. The variable speed controller would let me adjust the shaking to a point the paint is well mixed but not damaging the can and spray all over the shop.

Probably should make a YouTube video of the build, would not be any worse than some of the stupid things I have seen there!

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
I like that idea kshansen. Make a pint and gallon can holders too.

|