• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Back at the Grain truck

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Decided after some Honey Do's was time to get the leaky cylinder OFF the hoist. Started at 11:30 sitting drained and capped at 2. Had a SLIGHT issue with the @#&%@&&&!! Spring pin retainer for the ram Eye pin, froze SOLID, next up, gas axe melt away the ends and will deal with that later. 7/16x 2 1/2 Spring Pin.

I do not have a Chain wrench long enough to drag the Cylinder head nut off, considering welded hammer lugs and drive it loose then drive Back tight and then cut them away.

Oldcatpusher

Had a steering cylinder on a 621 start leaking about a year ago. Just a drip put it off cause I dreaded the massive thing. Started pouring last week so I built up some motivation and it was actually the easiest cylinder I ever done. Maybe took a hour at the most and that's including taking it off the scraper. Dozer rippers made a nice table.

Attachments

• IMG_20190629_174512_01.jpg
    IMG_20190629_174512_01.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 65

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
The Honey Do Paint Front Door:
img_5590-jpg.198611
Did you have a visitor admiring your handiwork..? I'd have given them a paint brush and told them to have it it if it was me........:D

I really shouldn't be commenting. I've been busy decorating the lounge for the past week. Hopefully tomorrow should see it done. I am getting to hate the sight of a can of paint.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
HA!!

I got the cylinder apart today. When call the shop on seals and such will see if they can run a cleanup hone thru the barrel as I wait. They are usually tied up tight as a hangman's knot and had told me two weeks on getting this rebuilt.
IMG_5618.JPG

And for all my buds on here, once you've recovered from blowing beer through your sinuses, you can give me all the guff for the mess I managed! The ram Popped right on out and knocked over my drain tub, silly me. MORE oil dry.

IMG_5619.JPG

crane operator

You ain't getting nothing done if you aren't making a mess. I didn't chuckle as much about the mess, as much as I did about the exercise bike in the shop. Who needs a exercise bike when you've got iron to work on? Or is the wife after you to "get healthy?" Mine is all on this new keto diet. No carbs. So all the meat and eggs that used to be bad for me, are now good, and bread and crackers are now bad. I still eat the same.

Oldcatpusher

You ain't getting nothing done if you aren't making a mess. I didn't chuckle as much about the mess, as much as I did about the exercise bike in the shop. Who needs a exercise bike when you've got iron to work on? Or is the wife after you to "get healthy?" Mine is all on this new keto diet. No carbs. So all the meat and eggs that used to be bad for me, are now good, and bread and crackers are now bad. I still eat the same.

Mine had me haul an elliptical home and then gripes cause it squeaks. More junk to keep up. On me about eating healthy. Told her I had a lot invested in my figure. No need to change it now. Fry some more squash .

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
The old bike is in the shop to take apart for scrap!!
More junk, that and a well worn treadmill we dragged home from her parents and she never used!!
My little honey is also on the diet kicks
Cannot make up her mind to stick to any or any exercise while I eat as I want and work hard at working hard!! I am Large guy but weight seems to remain in a range I can manage.

Oldcatpusher

Been around the world a few times and have not heard of that, aside from frying the blossoms. Care to share a recipe?

Just take some squash or zucchini squash. Cut it about 3/16 thick. Mix a few eggs up and dip in it half flour and half jiffy corn muffin mix .Fry it in some vegtable or olive oil and after a few beers I eat it right out of the pan. I can make a meal of just it

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
The old bike is in the shop to take apart for scrap!!.

I was thinking you had that bike hooked to a air compressor so your wife could make the air to run your air gun. Or a generator if you need to charge up your cordless tools!

Boy am I glad my wife does not read this forum!:rolleyes:

Oldcatpusher

I was thinking you had that bike hooked to a air compressor so your wife could make the air to run your air gun. Or a generator if you need to charge up your cordless tools!

Boy am I glad my wife does not read this forum!:rolleyes:

If I had a bike like that hooked to an air compressor or generator and depended on my woman to run it batteries would stay dead and there wouldn't be enough air to blow up a balloon.

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
Just take some squash or zucchini squash. Cut it about 3/16 thick. Mix a few eggs up and dip in it half flour and half jiffy corn muffin mix .Fry it in some vegtable or olive oil and after a few beers I eat it right out of the pan. I can make a meal of just it
I like to do mine in lots of real butter with plenty of salt and pepper... Healthy huh?:oops:

Tim Burke

Sounds a lot like fried green tomatoes...nom, nom, nom.

td25c

And for all my buds on here, once you've recovered from blowing beer through your sinuses, you can give me all the guff for the mess I managed! The ram Popped right on out and knocked over my drain tub, silly me. MORE oil dry.

]

Glad it came apart Dave ! :cool:

And you owe me a can of Hamm's that this thread caused me to spill .:eek::D

crane operator

The old bike is in the shop to take apart for scrap!!

Sure it is. There's pounds and pounds of valuable scrap in a old exercise bike.

You don't have to put on airs for us, we all understand how it can be. As long as you don't post up action shots of your new yoga mat and pants, I'm okay with whatever exercise regimen that your wife puts you on.:)