• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Awright, this $*#(&^% thing done p-ssed me off!

DIYDAVE

Old '94 dodge duckodor, windshield wiper arm keeps popping off. Always the same end, drivers side transfer arm, from the motor, to the common linkage, ,at the driver's side pin. What a godawful tiny little box to work in. Almost busted a knuckle, tryin to get the arm back on, after I gave it a coupla love taps, with a bfh, to tighten that everlovin plastic bushing up, in the arm! Got to thinkin, this thing ain't gots no warranty left on it, why kill a handfulla good knuckles, tryin to put it together for the 4th time! Took a hand grinder, with a cutting blade, and made me an access door, about 2" square, in fronta the wiper spindle, like the mfr shoulda done, when they built it! Took alla 15 minutes to do it, can now see what I'm doin, and with alla this experience, now I bet (knocks on wood!) I could do it under a bridge, on the side of the hiway!:mad:;)

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
Old '94 dodge duckodor, windshield wiper arm keeps popping off. Always the same end, drivers side transfer arm, from the motor, to the common linkage, ,at the driver's side pin. What a godawful tiny little box to work in. Almost busted a knuckle, tryin to get the arm back on, after I gave it a coupla love taps, with a bfh, to tighten that everlovin plastic bushing up, in the arm! Got to thinkin, this thing ain't gots no warranty left on it, why kill a handfulla good knuckles, tryin to put it together for the 4th time! Took a hand grinder, with a cutting blade, and made me an access door, about 2" square, in fronta the wiper spindle, like the mfr shoulda done, when they built it! Took alla 15 minutes to do it, can now see what I'm doin, and with alla this experience, now I bet (knocks on wood!) I could do it under a bridge, on the side of the hiway!:mad:;)

You might be under a bridge but you will probably still get a wet ass chasing down the highway to pick up the wiper. :mad::mad:

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Guess this is one of the good points of living in the rust belt up north. 99% of the 1994 Dodges have been made into KIA's by now and the other 1% are sitting in a hedge row on some farm!

DIYDAVE

Yep, I can remember doin te same cussin on my grandmother's '67 valient... This one was sittin in a junkyard, fer 5 years, rolled the dice, bought it upon the demise of the junkyard owner. I paid $500, on it, it has a 318, and 4wd. Still, a good second truck, fer goin to muddy auctions, in...;)

Randy88

Come on guys, lighten up and look at the bright side, there have been many advances over the years, no wait, now that you mention it, only the price has increased, same old crap parts, just called new and improved with a higher price tag attached. LOL