• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Awesome Demolition Excavators at Golden Gate Bridge Approach Demo Last Night

Wolf

Who is the GC? Why was the project so delayed? Are you working on it in San Francisco or MN?

SmoothOperator9

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator Local 3
No I haven't. My dad is a superintendent for BNBuilders and he knows a few guys from ferma. Need to get ahold of them. Would love to work for them.

SmoothOperator9

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator Local 3
Let me get back to you on that I need to talk to him and ask him. I believe I remember him saying they were brothers and I think had Latin type names but not sure it was awhile ago. Hopefully they still work for Ferma lol.

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
Who is the GC? Why was the project so delayed? Are you working on it in San Francisco or MN?

The CM is a LCC joint venture between The Boldt Company and Hurrera, Its is called HurreraBoldt. We are not the designers although all the major subcontractors on the project had a hand in it. The project started about 8 years ago with a different team. The LCC got involved with it close to six years ago. Most of the delays have been political, with everything from differences between looks that the 2 adjoining wards wanted it to look like, to agreements on the many intitlements that politically came into the picture. It took another election cycle before it finally got approved to move forward. I personally am not on the project. I was doing a project in CA when it first started but asked to not be involved as the job was are "relocation project" because of the duration( past my retirement) and I am a country boy at heart. I like the Bay Area, spent 15 years straight there once, but do not want to live there again. The project sat for quite a while ready to go waiting for approval. I am happy to see work happening on the ground finally.

Dualie

They been doing a pretty damn efficient job of it. I have job on Jackson st thats been dragging out for a couple months now. every time i drive by they always have some more progress made

Wolf

DUALIE:

Long time no hear, bro. How you doin'? It is good to hear from you man.

What's your job on Jackson Street? I would like to come by and say hello. When are you gonna be there?

I will PM you with my phone number. Long time bro.

Dualie

also they been hand wrecking that tower conversion a few miles south on van ness. Going to do a complete renovation new curtain walls and skins and turn it into residential