• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Average age on the forum

Average age on the forum

• 1-10

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • 11-20

Votes: 62 7.6%
  • 21-30

Votes: 225 27.7%
  • 31-40

Votes: 196 24.1%
  • 41-50

Votes: 141 17.3%
  • 51-60

Votes: 138 17.0%
  • 61+

Votes: 50 6.2%

• Total voters

Outasite

63/been shot twice,run over by a truck,blown over in a boat,and a few lesser things,but still pull my own wrenches,clutch and brake levers.So I'm doin well:drinkup

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Yes. Yes you do. You can expect a 50% refund on your forum dues to arrive in your email. :thumbsup

No, we did away with that deduction at the last budget meeting.:D

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
I'm 53 and I've never felt like a real grown up, something to look forward to!

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
No, we did away with that deduction at the last budget meeting.:D

I'm seven years older than when this thread was first posted, so my memory isn't what it used to be. Was that the same meeting where we did away with the spammer bounty? :confused:

R.D.G013

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator/foreman for about 48yrs o
I'm seven years older than when this thread was first posted, so my memory isn't what it used to be. Was that the same meeting where we did away with the spammer bounty? :confused:

Sexty Four and still doin it 5 days a week, from a dozer , scraper, grader, excavator, roller , bobcat depends on wots needed on the day and where they need me, been doin it for 50 yrs now, would get bored if I didn't go to work LOL.

bobcat1

Run it,broke it, fixed it,bought it, sold it, teaching the kids how to do it and bought the t shirt at 50. No need to slow down now! LOL.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win

Unfortunately yes.:bash

ekuehn

I'm 70 still doing government certified vehicle inspections in my shop plus a small amount of repairs. Mentaly I don't feel much diffrent than I did in my 20's but everything hurts a lot more and I have slowed down some. But like allways said "It doesn't take me all day to do a days work"

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
65 and still head down and ass up fixing a dam forestry mulcher every second day, every other operating it. Only five more years to go :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Ole Gal

Occupation
Construction: House framing and steel erection. R
Ole Gal (see Avatar) and I are both 70. She has been grading her whole life, Ha, and I am just starting. I guess she will teach me a thing or two. It will be fun to see where the dirt and gravel roads take us.

I could not help but notice that the 61+ group bar on the polling chart is RED. Does that mean that this age group is redlining just like those screaming detroits about to blow? Time does seem to move faster!!

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
I could not help but notice that the 61+ group bar on the polling chart is RED. Does that mean that this age group is redlining just like those screaming detroits about to blow? Time does seem to move faster!!

Redlining is good! Flat lining is what we should be worried about:eek:

Ole Gal

Occupation
Construction: House framing and steel erection. R
No worries about flatlining here! "Hit the gates at 98" as the saying goes. I've got a cord and a half of wood to split. That 8 lb. splitting axe should help keep me in shape!

The bending over is easy. It's the getting back up that is difficult!

39 in Sept. Feeling it too. If I had known I would live this long I would have done more preventative maintenance on myself and said no to alot of stupid things. But it was fun and famous last words hey watch this...what could possibly go wrong