• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Aux hydrolics for Case 1845c

Deershack

Does anyone know what it can or will cost to add secondary hydrolic setup to an 1845?

rpctsv

We have about 700 in parts in ours at work.Not counting labor and the free stainless tubing we acquired.Not the easiest thing to do.

ruet66

Case 1845C High Flow Auxiliary Hydraulics

Does anyone here know where I can find detailed information on upgrading a Case 1845C from standard flow auxiliary hydraulics to high flow?

Greg Ellis

Installing high flow hydraulics

We just ordered the high flow pump from our case dealer to install it ourselves. Unlike other skidsteers- the 1845c takes a separate pump mounted under the injection pump. The pump is only about $600. The expensive part is if your wanting to set up as bidirectional and those valves around $2000. So we plan to run our own lines and put in a by pass valve so we shouldn't have $1000 in the complete set up not counting labor.
The bypass will be the only on and off we plan to put in the system. We like to keep things simple.
Though I beleive the factory high flow pump is only 30 gpm not around 35 like a lot of machines.
Also this way it will have no effect on the other hydraulics in the system except for adding some heat. But the 1845c has quite a large hydraulic cooler.

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
Be very careful when adding the extra pump on ! The guru's say that it takes approx. 1hp/1 gpm, so in theory adding a 10gpm pump to the system, you will take away another 10hp of engine performance away combined with the existing aux. pump which pending on the year of the 1845 can vary .....A close pal of mine has one '93 1845c and it only has a 56 hp na. cummins in it, the existing aux pump only produces 16gpm, if he was to add another 16gpm to it he now would require 32hp to drive this taking away from 56hp it only leaves 24hp for the rest of the machine to operate the main drive pumps ... he is looking into have the fuel pump worked on to up the hp ...it is possible .....have already contacted the fuel injection tech's. I just thought I'd add my $.02 ..... I had a NIGHTMARE machine that I had gotten rid of just because of trying to have a skid that would drive a hi-flow system. It was a '97 JD 8875 .... it had a dealer installed hiflow added to it ..... after 3 aux pumps melted and cooking the oil's so bad that it caused one of the main drive motors to crack and 18,000 phone calls to every JD dealer in North America .....going thru every problem bulletin that was ever printed by JD ... only to come up with.... TAKE IT OFF and run standard flow ..... by then all of the damage was done and now I was worn out trying to spend time trying to solve the headache .... a couple more years passed and the oil companies were getting rich off of me, the hyd leaks were excellerating faster than my wallet towards the end the machine was loosing 5gal/8hrs of plowing ..... I traded the 8875 off on an A-300 2yrs ago with all of the bells and whistles .....the Bobcat dealer had put 45 shop hrs x 2 techs (90hrs) on it to fix it. A year later we found out that there was an orrifice that should have been removed by the original Dealer install ...it was located in the main spool bank, when the extra pump was adding the extra flow that orrifice was choking the flow creating heat/friction to have the bionic 195 degree F. oil temps hence the cooking of oils and melting and hardening all of the seals in the unit (leaks)..... like I had said "BE CAREFULL" when installing these extra systems ....Just my $.02 worth what can happen...... GK

Greg Ellis

additional pump does not take away hp unless your using itl

The high flow pump is a 30 gpm pump. It should only take about 1/2 hp to pull the pump unless you are hooked to a unit requiring a lot of power like a stump grinder, then it should put approx. 30 hp into hydraulic pressure and will pull that from the engine.
No doubt one would want to keep any orfice out of the system. Any major restriction will cause a lot of heat and burn up the pump.
I will let you know when I get mine set up. We should be getting the parts tomorrow.

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
Yes that is true, the pumps rolling along was not at all what I was refering to for how much hp is required to drive them .....I simply used the 32 gpm as an example. ...... BUT don't forget 30 gpm is the COMBINATION volume of 2 pumps added together not one pump at 30gpm ...... I too have a very large stump grinder and it does not nearly drag down the engine as bad as my 6' rotary tree mulcher or my new Hi-flow snow blower .....JMO

Greg Ellis

Combination of 2 pumps?

Yes that is true, the pumps rolling along was not at all what I was refering to for how much hp is required to drive them .....I simply used the 32 gpm as an example. ...... BUT don't forget 30 gpm is the COMBINATION volume of 2 pumps added together not one pump at 30gpm ...... I too have a very large stump grinder and it does not nearly drag down the engine as bad as my 6' rotary tree mulcher or my new Hi-flow snow blower .....JMO

What do you mean the 30 gpm is the combination volume of 2 pumps? The case high flow pump (single) is 30 gpm. Case uses a separate pump for the regular flow and high flow. The combination of my two pumps should equal 46 gpm, not counting the drive pumps. When using your high flow pump, one probably wouldn't be also lifting so the regular flow pump wouldn't be used.
Though one supposedly could use all both pumps while moving so also using the drive pumps so with a high flow one could pull more hp than the motor has but so very unlikley.

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
Unless Case is a totally different system than everyone elses system they usually stack the combo of two pumps total volume to achieve the total of 30gpm..... that is why if you had read one of previous post where the guy was selling the parts for the Hi-flow there was a solenoid valve that has to be added to the system to engage the flow from the second pump with the standard pump ...... when the system only requires only say 16gpm like my buddies 1845c, the solenoid directs the extra oil back to the hyd tank, you would have to divert excess flow in order to run standard flow attachments ..... if this is not done to much volume running thru a non hi-flow unit would cause alot of damage...... ask KSSS he's done the conversions a few times ...... the only variable that we saw looking into 1845's, depending on what year the machine was, was where we saw gpm and hp changes.....

jamiegoff5155

I believe that CRAFT is correct I have attached a link to my craigslist add that contains pics of the Aux. hydraulic system.

Greg Ellis

Yes Case is different- Yes case uses separate pumps.

Gosh I hate to augue with someone that does not get it.
Case 1845C uses a small pump on the front of the engine for the low flow.
Additional pump under the injection pump for the high flow.
The soliniod valve and switch is to devirte the flow of the high flow so it does not develope pressure so not to create any engine flow.
The same happens on the low flow with out a solinode because it uses a open center contol valve.
Neither of these pumps pull hp unless your using them.
Please do your homework before you insist on your information.
If you don't beleive me please go find a case and look below the radiator and beside the engine and follow the lines.

jamiegoff5155

I am the first one to admit that I do not have any clue on how the system works I just know of the components that I removed off mine. There is a supply and return off the high flow Aux. pump that bolts on engine. The return line off the pump. tees into the return line under the radiator and the supply connects to the electronic solenoid. The supply line that runs to the electronic solenoid tees into solenoid, and then a line runs off the other side of the tee to the reg. aux. foot control. The 2 lines that run off the electronic solenoid run on the right side loader arm. There are acouple of other lines but it is too hard to explain those.

jamiegoff5155

Hey guys, some of you were interested in my Aux. high flow system off my 1845C. I have listed it on EBAY. This is the only way that I could figure out a fair price. It is listed with no reserve. The Item number is 180453710493.

Last edited: