• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Aux. hydraulics

Well I dove in deep today , removed floor and cleaned up area pulled all connectors apart cleaned and tested all and checked supply to ECMs all checked out fine , reassembled hooked up battery tested harness where joystick plugs in still nothing then out of the blue BAM 8 volts on the blue 994 cool i thought i had it , so i shut down machine hooked up stick checked and nothing unplugged again and back to no voltage at 994 , i am thinking the ecm is at fault , i also did some tests on the aux solenoids and the system worked great on jumpers just a bit fast moving .

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Somewhat good news. I suggest that you might try to find a way to measure the 8v at the ECM to detect whether you re losing the voltage there (ECM faulty in other words) or whether it is disappearing between the ECM output pins and the joystick input connector.

What did the ECM connector (and all the harness connector) pins look like.? Any visible greenery or were they nice bright & copper-coloured.?

Any signs of damp around the flanges where the ECM bolts together.? (It's in 2 halves).
.... i also did some tests on the aux solenoids and the system worked great on jumpers just a bit fast moving .
That's the purpose of the graduated PWM signal output from the thumbwheel on the joystick, to dampen down the response.

I will get a reading of output at ECM , and I am going to try a resistor in the jumper power tomorrow see if i can tone er down if I go that route . The connectors were in great shape just a little dust in the other ECM plug .

I might bump 12 volts down to 6 and send that to the original thumbwheel from a source other than ECM and see if it reacts , maybe alls ok accept the 8 volt ECM output .