• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Autocrane service bodies rusting out

komatsukid

Occupation
loader operator/plant forman
hello, just wondering if anyone else is seeing their autocrane service truck bodies rusting out within a few years of purchasing them. The dealer i work for started buying autocrane bodies a few years ago and some of the 2018s are already rusting. Anyone else have issues like this?

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
That’s too bad to hear about considering what the Titan bodies cost. Autocrane really brags about their A60 Galvanneal steel and their paint. I think they offer a five-year rust through guarantee. What part of the country are you located? Salted roads?

komatsukid

Occupation
loader operator/plant forman
That’s too bad to hear about considering what the Titan bodies cost. Autocrane really brags about their A60 Galvanneal steel and their paint. I think they offer a five-year rust through guarantee. What part of the country are you located? Salted roads?
I live in Michigan, so yeah salt on the roads.