• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Austin western crane

superdaveweld

HI all
I have a austin western crane. I need all the information I can get. Where can i find the model #? The drum park brake is stuck and I don't have a brake down and i need to dissasemble and free it up. Any insite from somebody would be appericated.
I am also looking for for the extendable section of the boom. It was bent and the jib was stuck. I had to cut part of the bottom of it out to free the jib for transport.
The fella I got it from put all new hdy valves, hoist cable etc on it then discovered the boom was tweeked. he had done the brakes too but had let it set and now they are leaking. I got this machine fairly cheep to put up iron for my shop and use as a yard machine. I am trying to go thru it as time allows and make it usable. I would love to find a parts manual and load chart data it looks to be about a 8 to 10 ton unit. the old girl weighs about 15 ton.

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
Either a
220 or a 410 model

Jesseryan574

I have a 410 at the house. Info is kinda sparse tho I have seen some manuals on eBay. Like tones asked what does the load chart say it is.

Attachments

• IMG_4985.JPG
    IMG_4985.JPG
    180.6 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_4986.JPG
    IMG_4986.JPG
    189.2 KB · Views: 76

superdaveweld

Sorry for the long time absent. I don't have a load chart any where on the crane. I lost my pc with all my log-in info. for all my stuff , just now back on here. I also need info for accessing the service brakes as they are leaking now. like I said sorry for the long response time. I had to redo all my bank accounts and everything; that's what I get for not writing everything down and relying on a gremlin filled box.