• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Aussie Kenworth T908

Stripeyjack

Finally received my TWH-Models Kenworth T908 and Drake trailer set this week from Drake in Brisbane. Heres a couple of pics will post a couple more when I get the trailers set up on the weekend- got a 2 x 8 Dolly and 4 x 8 Float to go on the back of it

Attachments

• 908b.jpg
    908b.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 8,128
  • 908a.jpg
    908a.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 6,314

Stripeyjack

Yeah mate you can....as far as I'm aware the McAleese and N.Q Heavy Haulage ones were sold out pretty quickly (mine was a pre-order from the Brisbane truck show last year)....but as far as I know the plain-coloured ones are still available.The models are made by TWH in association with Drake Trailers in Brisbane wich licence approval etc from Kenworth. Check out Drake's shop at http://www.thedrakeshop.com/virtuemart?page=shop.browse&category_id=10or Quarry Diecast in Brisbane http://http://www.quarrydiecastmodels.com.au/and click on 'Drake Collectables' on the L/H Side. Heres a pic of the full set-up with a D11 and the float widened etc, it looks pretty good with a 5110 Cat Excavator or a 657 Scraper on it too:)

Attachments

• 908float.jpg
    908float.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 4,056

NickW

Nice one Stripey Jack i recieved my NQHH livery T908 and Drakes last week just working on some pilot vehicles for it. Found some nice 1/43 AU XR8 utes on the net which should fit the bill quite nicely!

KR
Nick

Madmark73

Occupation
In the mining industry.
This one is my uncles Truck, the model company actuallly measured the truck and trailer up to build the replica. TJ Clark of NSW Australia is the owner... as show the photos in the background

Attachments

• Daves 2  xxx resized.jpg
    Daves 2 xxx resized.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 4,506

Madmark73

Occupation
In the mining industry.
Hi John, it is an exact replica of his truck.. Steering wheel on RHS ..which is what we have in Australia

Last edited:

rare ss

I was over in Qld and met the guys at Drake and did abit of a tour, those models are great.. I'm saving for one with a 657G combo
did you happen to see the 1/50th dragline model they had on display at the brissy truck show?

DSC00197.jpg

DSC00198.jpg

DSC00201.jpg

DSC00199.jpg

Madmark73

Occupation
In the mining industry.
Saw the drake guys at the mine expo in Sydney late last year.. They have some awesome gear

rare ss

NEWSFLASH:

New 1:50 Kenworth K200 and Drake 3x8 Swingwing Float (and 2x8 Dolly) have been released as well as ballast blocks/push bars for their T908 and K200 prime mover models

click here for more details

glenlunberg

Occupation
Supervisor
Finally received my TWH-Models Kenworth T908 and Drake trailer set this week from Drake in Brisbane. Heres a couple of pics will post a couple more when I get the trailers set up on the weekend- got a 2 x 8 Dolly and 4 x 8 Float to go on the back of it

This looks really cool and awesome! This kind of toy is for real a big man!