• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Auger for my SVL 65-2

billybonds

Recently purchased a Kubota SVL 65-2 for personal use on our horse farm. I would like to pick up an auger attachment for it so I can retire the post hole digger on the back of my tractor. It will be used for digging fence posts and footings for sheds and some planting and such on our farm, not daily use on a contractor basis. I'm looking for a good bang for my buck. This is my first skid steer, so I am not really sure what I need to buy for my application. 3000 psi? 4500? Heavy duty, standard duty? My machine does have high flow if it's recommended. Titan Attachments, Digga, who makes a solid auger at a very reasonable price?

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Lowe makes an excellent auger. I have a model 1650E. I have had it for over 25 years. They still make it, last I checked. I have dug countless holes in rocky ground with it. They are reasonably priced and last a long, long time. I would go regular flow, I have dug with high flow and I don't think it makes much difference.

bdog1234

You don’t need high flow for an auger. All the high flow will do is make it spin faster and you will burn up your bit. I have a beltec 150. Bought it in 2011. I have drilled around 1,500 holes with it. Zero issues and would buy one again in a heartbeat.