1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

ATTN Big George 150

Discussion in 'General Industry Questions' started by thejdman04, Feb 9, 2006.

1. thejdman04

thejdman04 Senior Member

Help with union.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I read your posts and you seem to be very involved with the union and had some questions about the union. I live near Rockford Illinois. Currently I go to college at Kishwaukee College in Malta, IL and will graduate in April with a Associates of Applied Science Degree in Diesel Power and Technology. I am interested in becoming a union mechanic, what ssteps do I have to go through to do this? Who would I talk to or go and see? Also, I grew up on a family farm and have great experince in a John Deere 410 backhoe and have spent many hours in a skid steer moving manure. This is probably not the same thing as running a loader, or a crawler, or even using a skid steer to do dirt work, however, I have always enjoyed running tractors and machines and would maybe be interested in becoming an equipment operator, how would I go about doing this? I don't know much about the union ad would likke to find out. Do you haave to get more certifications to run more machines? I would assume so, so would having more certifications make you more valuable to an employer? How much does union school cost? Thanks for your help I appreciate it very very much. Thank you:ban