1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Attachment for moving trailers

Discussion in 'Compact Equipment Attachments' started by mert0714, Jan 6, 2004.

1. mert0714

mert0714 Charter Member

2. Dusty

Dusty Charter Member

i welded a box hitch on my bucket just slid in the hitch and move

3. paulsoccodato

paulsoccodato Charter Member

contractor
    i made a 2 inch reciever, that slides onto one of my pallet forks, on my skid.

great for moving trailes/chippers around, on a jobsite.

4. Steve Frazier

Steve Frazier Founder

I've seen a few guys drill a hole in the end of their pallet fork to screw a ball in to move trailers, I'll bet the same could be done with a bucket.

I've used my jib boom to move my equipment trailer with a pintle loop.

5. fordhipo

fordhipo Charter Member

We have done both, drilled holes in the fork on one machine and the bucket on another. Both work well just a little harder to hook up by yourself using the bucket (hard to see)

6. mert0714

mert0714 Charter Member

The reason I thought this as cool was because the trailer we move often has heavy attachments on it (sometimes 2,000# on the tongue) plus the weight if the trailer. Also he trailer often gets pushed and pulled over curbs. So I was thinking I was going to need something more sturdy so as not to bend forks/bucket. Also, it is an easy oppurtunity to make custom attachments that are interhangable. One idea was a scraper to clean off the street. At least get most of it so I don't have to shovel it. Jobsite looks better and we look better too. As long as you can carry the attachment, all you need to do is pull the pin and swap in seconds. Just an idea.:)