• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Attachment for moving trailers

Dusty

Charter Member
i welded a box hitch on my bucket just slid in the hitch and move

paulsoccodato

Charter Member
Occupation
contractor
i made a 2 inch reciever, that slides onto one of my pallet forks, on my skid.

great for moving trailes/chippers around, on a jobsite.

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
I've seen a few guys drill a hole in the end of their pallet fork to screw a ball in to move trailers, I'll bet the same could be done with a bucket.

I've used my jib boom to move my equipment trailer with a pintle loop.

fordhipo

Charter Member
We have done both, drilled holes in the fork on one machine and the bucket on another. Both work well just a little harder to hook up by yourself using the bucket (hard to see)

mert0714

Charter Member
The reason I thought this as cool was because the trailer we move often has heavy attachments on it (sometimes 2,000# on the tongue) plus the weight if the trailer. Also he trailer often gets pushed and pulled over curbs. So I was thinking I was going to need something more sturdy so as not to bend forks/bucket. Also, it is an easy oppurtunity to make custom attachments that are interhangable. One idea was a scraper to clean off the street. At least get most of it so I don't have to shovel it. Jobsite looks better and we look better too. As long as you can carry the attachment, all you need to do is pull the pin and swap in seconds. Just an idea.:)