1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Athey Force Feed Loader.

Discussion in 'Old Iron!' started by LowBoy, Aug 18, 2007.

1. bean

bean Well-Known Member

We used one with conveyor that swiveled at the back for picking up a asphalt windrow it was slower then a BG-650 or Cedarapids MS-1 but it served its purpose for a while. Ours was a diesel.

2. trkprts

trkprts New Member

athey 721 D force feed

i have a real nice 721d with only 1600 hours brand new belt and im asking 20000. i realize you may only want parts but this machine is really nice. thank you dale estes 1-217-520-3279

3. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Member

Snow removal equipment sales and service, Special
    Well Tom and I found a good used Althey 7-11 unit and picked it up. If anyone knows of one of these sitting around for sale or parts please let us know. Honestly really only looking for the left and right side augers and the moldboard for the stockpile loading vs the wings shown on the one in the first pict. These are great little machines just need some TLC most times. Thanks Jerre

4. ben46a

ben46a Senior Member

Yeah this is a super old post I know, but some models do. They are essential to maintain consistency in a colder climates.

5. mde3

mde3 Member

Shurrlebuggy

There is no way to re-heat the existing already hot asphalt (approx. 300 deg.). It may be that later units used heatstrips under the floor of the drag slat to warm it up, but that would only be to prevent material from sticking to the cold floor of the drag, but I am not sure that's even true.

6. John C.

John C. Senior Member

Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
    Around here they are called windrow loaders and the counties used to love them. About the only ones left are in eastern Washington. I don't know why.

The machines that work asphalt around here are called shuttle buggies. The ones I've seen have a hopper and basically are used on large government jobs. Lately there has been a spec for buggies with mixing augers as well. I've seen one.

I hate asphalt almost as much as I hate highway trucks so I never look real close at these.

7. lj98

lj98 Member

where can i buy a new set of chains and paddles for my Athey Loader?

8. mde3

mde3 Member

All Roadtec Shuttle Buggies have a mixing auger set up inside the Shuttlebuggy transfer hopper...since the days of the first units built by Barber Greene (subsequently acquired by astec/roadtec circa 1988). The spec for a re-mixing auger in the paver hopper was for the MTV units from Blaw Knox and Cedarapids...(now Bomag) as they do not have any on board mixing capabilities in the transfer units.

9. mde3

mde3 Member

PS...anybody got a good Athey 712 for sale? Must have the swivel conveyor set up...less than 2000 hours

Mike Egan 570 424 1321

10. mde3

mde3 Member