• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

ASV T120. IS it worth the extra bucks?

Looking at these for an asphalt paving company. They say its the most powerful, balanced, track load

• Worth the money?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • will it last?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
img.axd

T320FL

Are you serious? They have the worst owner/operator reviews that I've ever read about. After running a mulcher for 8 years on a CTL, you would be better off looking at another brand.

heymccall

While I use my CTLs on asphalt jobs, given a choice, I use my SSLs.

Rubber tire is definitely better for road work. My new 262D3 is awesome behind a planer. Cruise control and faster than a track machine when jumping around on the jobsite.

southernman13

Occupation
Retired
Never understood all the bad press. I’ve had two of the asv PT100’s. They performed well. Never had an issue. They would run hot with a mulcher and the cab wasn’t real cool. But I’ve heard the newer ones were better. We have a 95-2 bota now it does good but theses dozer sprocket style will throw a track quick if you hit a stump up doesn’t see lol

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
Are you serious? They have the worst owner/operator reviews that I've ever read about. After running a mulcher for 8 years on a CTL, you would be better off looking at another brand.
But nowhere as bad as the 299D2's. I believe there is a class action taking place against Cat over them.
Some of those folk have gone to the RT120F and are very happy with its work ability

Mark13

They're a nice machine for forestry work, but they would be pretty low on my list of machines for an asphalt and paving company.
You'd likely be better off with a rubber tire skid steer, if you absolutely want a ctl then something with a rigid undercarriage would be better then the mtl undercarriage.
The ASV would work but it's far from the right setting for that machine.