• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

ASV SR80 track loader, adding snow blower-- problems

schreib

Occupation
farmer, engineer
I have used this SR80 for 4 yrs now but never required continuous use of Low Flow aux hydraulics. Now I need it for the 7 ft wide snow blower to clear my 1/2 mile lane. It has a jury rigged harness the last owner threw together and just won't work for me. It appears that what I need to run the snorkel tube(rotate R/L & move deflector Up/Down) is to buy a wiring harness fed by the 8 pin Deutsch connector on the lift arm. Costs $200 but it appears there is no other real choice. Now the Low flow hydraulics is another story. . .

I connected up the two hoses to the low flow connectors on the lift arm and flipped the rocker switch to run the impellers-- nothing, but when I leave the hoses "as is" and flip the HIGH flow switch, it runs. That would be good but the blower is made to run on the LOW flow -- 20 gpm. SO, I need to figure that out. I swapped out the two relays and same thing happens. Also, I see there is a small switch that verifies when the low flow hyd. connector is engaged with an attachment connected; if so, the switch will connect to ground. Per the elec. diagram it makes a ground that enables BOTH the LO & Hi flow relays supplying power to the two rocker switches. So, it appears that must be grounded since the High Flow rocker runs the impellers. I plan to run down the wiring from the Low Flow rocker back to its relay etc. Any other suggestions?

One more thing: There is a note in the operator manual indicating that there is a switch that prevents the HIGH Flow from running if you connect an attachment's hyd. hose to the LOW flow connector. That does not make sense IF that connector is the same one described above on the LO flow connector-- it simply engages ground or else NEITHER Relay sends power out. I have not tried it yet but you would figure that if the attachment was connected to the HI flow connectors(thus, not engaging the ground switch on the LO flow connector) the HI Flow would not work because it's power feed relay would have no ground and not complete its circuit! Confused.

I can provide the circuit if there is a sparky out there.

Would anyone have any input on this last problem?

lantraxco

As a guess I would have designed it so the switch was either/or, so low flow should engage with something plugged in there, and high flow would work with nothing plugged in there, so maybe you have a defective switch or some other component in circuit? Or maybe I'm totally off the mark, lol

old timer

Occupation
field mechanic
Ok.... see if i can help you out. I am assuming it is a yellow machine ser# SEA/SEB. Hi-flow and lo-flow are the same spool in the valve bank, you adjust the pilot pressure applied to the end to change flow. if you don't get lo-flow, start with the switch (does it send current to the relay) is the relay sending current to the solenoid valve in the pilot generation block just under the floorboard (lo-flow solenoid is plug P48 with 2 yellow wires or P46,brown and black wires, depends on variation). After that, you could be looking at a solenoid valve or shuttle valves in the pilot generation block. Seen both happen.
There is a micro switch at the lo-flow coupler (the small ones) to prevent hi-flow engagement, would create back pressure and heat.
Have you tried just using the roller switch on the back of the right joystick to activate the lo-flow?
Hope this helps