• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

asv scout sc-50

jimmyjack

anyone see one in person, they seem pretty cool. its looks about the size of a JD gator just able to do more (towing/hauling). i'd like to have one ,dealer said thier around 30 to 35,000. so i guess i'll wait a couple years for them to be out a little while and geta used one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGKA6ClvLOU

stumper120

jimmyjack i just ran 2 versions of this unit opencab and full closed cab. they feel like a hummer h1 inside with a big doghouse in the middle. it seemed to have a ton of pulling power. the steering is horrible it has a steering wheel to turn but its like nothing i ever ran before they shouda just put a pilot control in it like a asv loader . it is also like sitting in the engine compartment of a old excavator with a screeming detroit full till. you cant talk to the person next to you. oh ya i almost forgot the ground clearence is very low. unlike a gator if you get stuck a comalong and a six pack of bud can get you out. you get the scout stuck you better have a D3 close by.

bobcat ron

Banned
Occupation
playing with the new 247 MTL
Looks like a real contender, but I don't trust the drive motors that close to the ground.

Digdeep

I saw my first one in operation last week with a snow blade on the front and a huge salt spreader on the back.