1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

ASV RC85 Issues

Discussion in 'Compact Track/Multi Terrain Loaders' started by Amadeus3, Jun 29, 2020.

1. 5.9Jon

5.9Jon Member

I know this is slightly off topic but in regards to joystick. Is it possible to change or source the buttons for the joystick? have 2 on mine that don't work and looking to change microswitches as opposed to whole handle.

2. f311fr1

f311fr1 Senior Member

See attached

3. f311fr1

f311fr1 Senior Member

2nd try

Attached Files:

4. 5.9Jon

5.9Jon Member

Thanks, I looked at that previously in this thread. While it has information regarding joystick assy. It does not show handle D&A. Or whether switches are replaceable or not. Is it safe to assume that the whole handle needs to be changed then?

5. f311fr1

f311fr1 Senior Member

yes, check with Vine and Branch on the west coast

6. Amadeus3

Amadeus3 Member

Bringing this back from the dead so hopefully it helps someone else. I fixed my issue. Turns out the pressure relief button on the top of the quick disconnect manifold block was stuck in the down position. I had to unscrew it and tap the bottom of it against the machine to get the plunger to retract. Took me a couple tries because it didn’t seat all the way the first time. I’m surprised how much the grapple will move with such a small gap in the valve.

I added a photo of the relief. It’s the little button thing on the very top of the block with the hex nut under it.

Anyway, thank you everyone for your help!

Attached Files:

7. Tones

Tones Senior Member

Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
    Another thing to keep an eye on is the rear R/H side engine mount. Where it bolts to the block the bolts can come loose and one of them goes through into an oil gallery. When it comes out it dumps the engine oil. I remember blokes involved in a too and frow between Perkins and ASV with neither admitting responsibility over a stuffed engine.
    PS. By R/H side I mean R/H side of the machine, rear is back of machine. Its close to the hiflow filter.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2022
  8. Amadeus3

Amadeus3 Member

Another dumb question but I can’t find it anywhere in my searching and it’s not in my manuals. Im probably missing it. What is the coolant spec for this machine? It’s got pink coolant in it now but I’d imagine there is a spec.

9. Tones

Tones Senior Member

Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
    That coolant would be Cat stuff and should be OK.

10. Amadeus3

Amadeus3 Member

Yeah it’s slightly low and I was going to add some more. Is pink coolant the same as any pink coolant? Or do I need to get more involved?

11. carlsnied

carlsnied New Member

on topic, my pt50 2009 works great when cold, once warmed up stops drive power, unless revved flat out with foot throttle will not go forward or back. at idle control pressure is 390psi, the control pressure drops way low to zero upon drive stick roll on, when this happens. There is an adjustment point i have noticed below the hyd line that goes to the test point, that there is a lock nut is 11/16" and allen key adjustable thread, what to do?