• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Asv rc50 motor bogs down

Darrenb

I have a 2006 asv rc50. It runs well. If I’m moving at full speed and move the bucket at full speed. It will big down the motor. If I don’t back off of something, it will kill the motor eventually. I know my controls are getting worn because when it’s cold the machine doesn’t respond precisely to the controls. A little temp and then it’s fine. I don’t know if that’s related or not. Ideas???

old timer

Occupation
field mechanic
I would start with the basics, check air filter, change fuel filters etc...
I solved a PT50 (newer model but basically the same) with a similar problem. Turned out to be the primary fuel filter head was cracked, allowing air to enter the system.
As for the controls, check the charge pressure. Test port is beside the fuel filter. 400-450 psi
Hope this helps
Stay safe