• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Asv rc30 need some pointers

Skidoojunky

Hey guys, I found what looks to be a decent 2001 asv rc30 locally that seems priced right. I currently own a cat 277c so I a, familiar with the asv undercarriage on a MTL.

My question for you guys is what do I need to look for on a 2000 hour machine? What are their strong points and weak points? Considering the tracks and undercarriage are in good shape what should that machine be worth? I would use it for doing light dirt work and snow removal in tight places and would like to enclose the cab and put heat in it if possible? Do any of you know anyone making snow pushers for mini skids?

Thanks in advance! JUNKMAN

Chass

Occupation
Owner small earthmoving & landscape business
Hi mate I got a RC30 as well 2004 900hrs when it is working it's the best machine I have ever had, problems I have had are that the RC30 have a smaller drive shaft that comes out of the hydraulic motor compared to the PT30 so they do snap in half also as you would know owning a cat 277c the bogie wheel bearings do give way and the undercarriage cost more to repair now keep in mind I am from Adelaide South Australia so Aus prices compared to state side may be different. Also there is no bushing in the loader rams so when the tilt rams and hinge pins ware so does the rams and loader arms its a simple fix if you know someone with a lath and some smarts they can fix it and fit it up with bushes. Also the digital hour meter stop working about 300>500hrs so keep that in mind. Like I said I love it for a 30hp machine it can move some dirt and dig really well as you would know great traction, no snow here in Adelaide but I am sure it would not be a problem. Just have a real good look over the machine you can tell if it has been abused. I have made up side's for the canopy out of thin plastic as a prototype it's only to stop the chilled cross wind coming through the canopy. Aus dollars that machine would cost between $15,000>$20,000 depending on condition.
Like I said I love it I am looking at replacing it with a new PT30 also looking at the Bobcat T110 but heart says PT30.
All the problems I have listed have been fixed on the PT30

Hope this helps good luck you will be surprised on what a small machine can do.

DSCF3215.jpg

not sure if you can see the plastic sheet on the side of the machine