• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

ASV RC30 Attachments

stonny9

I am looking to get a tracked stump grinder but have now expanded it to possibly a used small tracked skid steer like the ASV RC30 to increase my usage of it. But I cant seem to find many attachment makers for stump grinders that swing side to side. This will be for very occasional usage.

Can anyone post any brands that fit? Would I have to get an adapter to use an attachment for a full size skid steer.

This is the only one I can find is this but am still not sure it would fit. Been looking for a week through google and various forums but not much info.
http://www.paladinattachments.com/Product-Details/206/Stump-Grinder#.VGIcnvnF-jZ

74inchShovel

I own a RC 30, and I do a lot of stump grinding. I do not however grind stumps with my 30, and here's why. At 48" wide, you be locked out of a lot of the market, backyard stumps. The actual horsepower reaching the cutting wheel will be considerably less than the 30ish the machine is rated at, due mainly to the fact the attachment runs off the auxiliary pump which does not have a lot of flow on this machine. This was evident in the video you might have posted in another thread on the same topic. In that vid, the productivity of the attachment was poor, and it struggled with a small core rotted stump. You are wise to say "very occasional use" because if you try to make a go of stump grinding with this in the open market you will be blown away. Another consideration is if you get the type that relies on the machine to provide side to side movement, you will destroy the customers lawn unless you plywood a pad for the machine for every stump. IMHO, you would be best off buying a dedicated grinder, or renting if it's that occasional.

stonny9

My pick for a grinder attachment would be Stumper Industries. They don't swing side to side, but I haven't found that to be a downside on most stumps. They are fairly low cost and super simple to run.

Thanks but I am pretty sure I want a pivoting grinder.

I am just a homeowner with several rentals. Slowly getting into the lawn service. But my uncle is thinking about taking 30 pine trees down(8 @ 3' and rest under 1' dia) and would need them ground. We would have them topped by a company as they are 60'+ and too close to the house and power lines for us to safely do. Plus I need to put in 2 rental driveways and would like to do a third. And my step father would like to tear up his circular asphalt driveway and have a company install a stamped concrete one. And another friend wants to install a pool in a couple years.

Yes it may sound like I am talking myself into it but they the above is getting done regardless of what is bought or not. I have already spent $1500 in rentals in the last year. Right now I can say I would be paying $3000 in rental cost over the next year.

My brother(who would be buying it) and I are the ones our friends come to when they need help or have a project. I know we would/could find legitimate uses for it. My brother was initially wanting a small manual stump grinder then I threw in the idea of a used tracked Toro STX26 and then thought why not something multipurpose.