• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

ASV RC vs SR model

housemover

What is the difference between the SR and RC. I am looking at a RC 85 and a SR80. I see the Spec differences on ritchie specs, but what are the ones i can't see. Different track systems? Also i read ASV's will only take ASV attachments. Is this true

Last edited:

Digdeep

The SR80 was a newer model with a better cab and an excavator style door. I'm pretty sure it had a Mitsubishi 3.3L engine and an operating capacity around 3k lbs.

The RC85 was an older model with an older cab. I think it had an operating capacity of around 3500lbs and used a Cat 4.4L engine. Completely different undercarriages. The SR80 undercarriage is much more durable and uses metal face seals.

housemover

Thats the answer i was looking for. Its much appreciated. Do you have an input on the attachment comment i read. Im sure their universal like others

movindirt

The only ASV that has a different attachment plate is the little PT/RC 30's, all the rest use a standard universal attachment plate. I know our RC-100 even with a 160hp Cummins engine in it is still sluggish turning, I can only imagine how horribly slow the old RC85's would be :pointhead