• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Asphalt

BAD5oh

I have a 6 wheeler with a J&J aluminum body. Any issues if I haul a load of asphalt? Warping or anything like that? Only hauling 1 load. About 6 ton. And no I do not have a plastic liner on the floor

thanks

buckfever

All i've ever seen asphalt hauld in is aluminum beds. Just make sure you fuel the bed before you get loaded. Makes the asphalt come out much easyer.

Willis Bushogin

Occupation
owner
I agree, coat the bed with diesel fuel, before you load. I have three trucks with 18ft aluminum beds and 2 with steel beds, I dont see any difference .
Dont get caught using diesel fuel in the bed, on State jobs, at least in NC. They will reject the load
If you have some that sticks to the bed, coat it good with diesel and let it set, you can shovel it out, but its got to set
I still use it all the time, but i use something to kill the diesel smell, orange citrus cleaner

770G

At my work we've hauled asphalt in both aluminum and steel tandems. No issues what so ever, we do also give the box a generous bath of diesel.

Fastdirt

I've only hold just a couple loads of asphalt years ago. The plant I went to had a place where you go up a ladder and spray some kind of liquid like soap in the bed. I'm sure it wasn't $4 a gallon like diesel.

buckfever

Ya the plants around here have the same stuff and in my opion that stuff is only a little better then nothing.

Willis Bushogin

Occupation
owner
Buy that solvent, its like $8.00 a gal, you can dilute it some, but not recommend by users. The stuff at the plant is cut like 50% or more, its just a show, they do
It does work, but at a high cost