• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Asking Price for a JD 450J LT

pafarmer

Occupation
Land clearing, demo, site prep etc. Ex Pro Motocro
I would like to sell my 2007 JD 450J LT...........The machine had light use on my farm since new........All records have been kept with fluid changes Etc. I have all of the manuals and a complete set of filters for the next change. Light use and low hours @ 1800.......The machime looks and run as it did on day one.....What would be a fair and reaonable asking price for a cream puff , non abused, well taken care of crawler like mine.......Thanks for any inputs and i apologize before hand if this in the wrong location on this site or if i broke any rules........Reagrds Farmer......... :usa

Semper Fi

FurakawaMatt

Sounds like a nice dozer. The problem as I see it is not what the dozer might be worth but finding someone to buy it. As you get closer to Winter, equipment loses its appeal to buyers since they have less work until Spring comes. Plus the economy is in the dumps. I am sure you can look through sites like Machinery Trader and find comparable models and see what is being asked for them.

roddyo

Occupation
Manipulator of the Planet
I have almost the same machine but LGP and a little lower hours.

I also have new rails and sprockets along with sweeps and a forestry cage.

I'm thinking in the high 30's on it. Maybe that helps.

OldandWorn

I have almost the same machine but LGP and a little lower hours.

I also have new rails and sprockets along with sweeps and a forestry cage.

I'm thinking in the high 30's on it. Maybe that helps.

Is it normal for rails and sprockets to wear out in less than 1800 hours?

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
.Thanks for any inputs and i apologize before hand if this in the wrong location on this site or if i broke any rules........Reagrds Farmer......... :usa

Semper Fi

No apologies needed pafarmer, that's what HEF is for.:usa

Take a look at Iron Planet. They are getting very high prices for what goes through their auction. I guess they have good marketing and pull a lot of buyers.:beatsme I watch their auctions every week and I am astonished at the prices some of that iron brings - above retail IMO, in this economy.

pafarmer

Occupation
Very tempting....how far are you from Frostburg MD.

I am located approx. 1 hour North of Scranton, PA................if thats of any help...3 to 4 hours i am guessing........and thank you too all that took the time to reply. I do appreciate that effort............

regards,
Farmer
Semper Fi

Last edited:

pafarmer

Occupation
As luck would have it, a fellow who told if i ever wanted to sell it to call him. Well I called and he bought right over the phone. Gave me 45K for it........I'm happy and he is very pleased to get such a well cared for dozer with all of the manuals and filters etc..........Going to purchase a JD 326D skid steer with a snow plow, chipper, roto tiller , bucket, forks and Gouser threads.......I can't beleive how easy it was to move my dozer, it took me one day. If you care for something and maintain it that shows and people are willing to go the extra miles for a cream puff machine.

monkey

No apologies needed pafarmer, that's what HEF is for.:usa

Take a look at Iron Planet. They are getting very high prices for what goes through their auction. I guess they have good marketing and pull a lot of buyers.:beatsme I watch their auctions every week and I am astonished at the prices some of that iron brings - above retail IMO, in this economy.

pretty crazy also IMO, think it's the huge number of bidders, with many international bidders driving the prices up. A good thing if you're selling

Deereman

glad to hear it sold so quick. And sounds like you are heading in the right direction with the new machine.

pafarmer

Occupation
Took deliver today of a Brand new John Deere 326D. Fully optioned unit. It has every option you can get on it. Along with the new skid steer I also ordered the following Irshkine implements that will be in a few short weeks.
1. JD Pallet forks
2. JD Standard duty bucket
3. 76" Rod grapple bucket
4. 66" dual motor, power feed tiller
5. 5' Power feed wood chipper
6. Grouser " Over the tire threads"
7. 96 ' hydro snow blade
8. Full filter package air/oil/etc.
9. Parts manual and tech repair manual
This was an amazing few days from when i first thought about selling my dozer, to a whole completely new setup in a matter of just a few days....God must loves fools.

10. Got two very expensive "free JD hats" ha ha..........One for me and one for my father in Law............Huge deere man..........I'll try to upload a photo or two soon.......

Last edited:

Deereman

Man that was quick you didn't waste any time. Throw them pictures up on the skid steer threads when u get those picts..

pafarmer

Occupation
Yes I still own the 80C..........Which by the way is one of the best peices of equipment i have ever owned. Do not intent on ever getting rid of that unless its to get a newer model..The new JD326D cab unit is excellent from the very few hours of use i had on it today....Very comfortable and easily the most capable skid steer i have ever operated and that has been quite a few. ...The CTL is next on the list for upgrade, looked at the JD models but i am still undecided on JD or CAT for the CTL . I will be ordered one this week .........Now how to post a picture .........

Last edited:

pafarmer

Occupation
Picture of my New John Deere 326D series Skid Steer also a photo of the 450J that just sold. It's the second one on the trailer. It was my personal "farm use" only dozer. The shiny New one in front of it is still in operation helping to clear gas line ROW's and has more than its fair share of hard hours with little to no problems at all with the exception of a strange creep that came and when from time to time....One thing I have learned the hard way is JD makes the best small dozer period hands down winner, but when we need to move lots of dirt fast and downtime free, it's my CAT D6 that gets the job done every time........

Attachments

• 100_0281.JPG
    100_0281.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 291
  • SM_CIMG1285.jpg
    SM_CIMG1285.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 276
Last edited:

pafarmer

Occupation
I am seriously thinking about going wiht the 319D CTL.........One step above entry level JD CTL and am not sure how capable the little deere is...Can't afford the best of both the tracked and wheeled machines. The 326D is very capable but lacks the offroad skills to do what i need the CTL for.........Sometimes finding the right spec's at the right price is impossible.......Help on any real world users of the CTL 319D is appreciated.

bjs

Occupation
lawn care speclist
ive got a 333d 2011 and i love it. nothing gone wrong yet. just have 112 hours on it has surprised me in some places as what it can do. so go for it ! get the jd ctl what size you need. i got mine w/ the works cab heat,air and its so nice. good luck in your findings.

pafarmer

Occupation
I bought it !!!! A brand new JD CTL 319DT...............Fully loaded unit.........Lacks nothing. Taking delivery this afternoon...........I'll post some photo's as soon as it get here........I'm official done buying equipment for this week at least...........