• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ash

AmericanLandMgt

I am demoing a house that burned down and there is a solid three feet of ash on the ground inside the footings. I have been raking it up and putting it in with the wood to go to the landfill but I am wondering if they will allow it I to the fill because it looks so much like dirt? We are going to bury the concrete on site and there is a little bit of ash in with it but not much. Do landfills generally have a problem with ash or is there something special you do with it?

TCS

Never had a problem disposing of it as long as it had been cleared of friable asbestos and I had the certificate to prove it.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Check your state regs on solid waste disposal. I know in Alabama ash from non-treated wood is not a regulated waste, which means you can do whatever you want with it. Problem is your ash is from a burned house that has everything from plastics to heavy metals. You will more than likely need to send all the ash to the landfill.

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
We never had any problems just sending it to the land fill.