• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

articulated grapples

Mark Williams

I am interested in an articulated grapple for my mini x- I would like to be able to grab and manipulate 10'-30' pilings without hands on rigging. We use the mini x to set and drive treated pilings for marine construction. I am looking for anyone with real experience using one. Gator grapple is one I am considering.
Kubota KX-040 mini x
Thanks

PeterG

Occupation
Contractor
There is a Company that builds custom rotating and clam grapples in WA State. Never used one, but they look nice. Lot's of youTube videos of them. Company is called Towtem Grapple.

Coastal

You want it to dangle? Or fixed? Dangle is easier on the machine, but can be annoying at times. We built a dangle for my machine out of an old processor.

It doesn't have 360 rotation because of the hoses, but it worked pretty good.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
What is the application that you intend to use it for?

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Kinshoffer comes To mind. I think by the time you factor in the weight of a substantial grapple a wrist joint the motor and the plumbing you might really be overtaxing a Mini excavator