• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Articulated dump truck photos

JGS Parts

Occupation
Owner JGS Machinery
wow that would have been a fun ride taking off and leaving the back behind. well we are hoping that we will have our first one out for display at the end of march will be going into Vic in aus for testing. It will be interesting to see how it goes,

JGS Parts

Occupation
Owner JGS Machinery
. I am curious why dont you assemble loaders in Austrailia?

Mate the main reason why we dont do it in australia is just parts and things. honestly if i was american i would do it in america. you guys actually manufacture engines , axles , transmissions and things in australia we dont have anything . so if was to do it in australia i would still be importing all the parts into australia from china and where else. I have already stated that we would open a factory in australia if we ever got busy enough to do it.

Also australia it is not easy for a small business to open up shop like it is in china because of the over heads and things. we estimated it would have cost at least 10-15 times more to open the factory in Australia compared to china.

Also the articulation point in the loader sadly is different from the trucks as when a loader goes over the whole lot dose. we are just wanting to make the trucks safer would could do it the same way but its just not safe in my mind.

dsmitht343

Occupation
firefighter/emt-2
I didn't realize that about Aus. Importing would be no fun with shipping delays and such. I can understand the differences unique to use as far as articulation joints go. Thanks for enlightening me.

johndeere123

I know some of the forestry machines have a similar hitch to the trucks in the centre. I think its the Rottnee harvesters that have a large bearing that all of the hoses and cables go through. This is not the most ideal setup because to replace it, EVERY hose and cable have to be unhooked and fed through the new bearing. I think the only way a bearing setup would work on a truck would be with hydraulic or electric drives.