• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Are there Liners in Ford BSD444T Engine??

Brodiesel

Occupation
My wife makes all the $$$.
Hi I haven't posted in a while but I'm back now on my diesel grind. I'm rebuilding a BSD444T / 268 diesel from a FORD 575D. (The engine is New Holland, has the logos all over it). Anyone with experience on these? They seem common enough, a lot of parts availability. #4 cylinder is shot, engine overheated and rod bearing seized. My question is do these come factory with cylinder liners/dry sleeves? I'm staring at the block and I can't really tell, it all looks like one casting. In reference to the Ford parts manual it is a service item but I can't tell if it's factory.

I just did a similar repair on an Isuzu 4BD2 engine, not bad, I'm hoping for a similar repair here.

Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 7.02.10 PM.png

Swetz

Occupation
Electric & Gas Company
I have no experience on this engine, however, when I look on Messicks the drawing is slightly different from the one you posted (see below). There is also a picture. The picture looks like a liner to me. Additionally, when I look up overhaul kits, some come with liners.

Perhaps someone with actual experience will chime in.

https://www.ebay.com/c/1528310225

83912946.jpg

Attachments

• nh-99048-1804800-c3120ec9-b8bf-e111-9fce-0050.pdf
    335.6 KB · Views: 2